United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been saying it for a while, Utd are a spent force, they are spending their warchest going to total opposite direction to the way football is going in this country.

Maureen will be sacked in the summer, if he isnt even better, but whoever they bring in will have to work with the hoofball footballers they have, no more spending big marquee purchases.

Liverpool will be our rivals, though I would rather it was spurs because Liverpool are looking actually quite set up for dominance again. Please god nooooooo

Dominance? They look set to be competitive.

Only one team looking set for dominance at present.

The rant in his press conference is ego led.

its all about defending himself/fighting against the criticism that is being levelled at him. He has never and isn't every going to be a team player because of his ego. When things go wrong we have seen historically that he throws his players under the very well parked bus that he plays with. He has now expanded that to throwing the whole club under the bus, blaming the recent managers and the squad he has been left with. His "rant" wasn't a rant...it was clearly planned. He was clearly reading from notes he had prepared which meant he had planned what he was going to say so it wasn't a straight up reaction to the questions he was being asked.

The use of the word heritage has been taken out of context/ a slight mistake in his English (which he eludes to before he starts) in this case...he should have used the words "recent heritage" or "what i inherited from recent managers." He isn't talking about what a lot of fans would call the "history" of the club (i.e. harping on about the 20 league titles etc)

He is struggling and his ego cannot handle it. He says he is but the pressure is getting to him.

I said right from the very first day that it seemed that he didnt want to be there. He said exactly the opposite in his press conference that he came because of the challenge. He may be right but Im not convinced......
He hates Pep and the fact that Pep is beating him convincingly is making it really difficult for him. If he leaves he has failed to out do Pep,; if he stays he knows they are far behind - he again eludes to this later on saying that we would have to stop spending while they carry on for them to catch us....this is defending himself while having a dig at Pep.

Ive said t before.....the derby is going to be interesting. Jose will do what is best for himself, not necessarily what is best for utd. Why utd fans will want to see is that they come to us, stop us winning the league by having a go at beating us (playing attacking football) - this would still give them a mathematical chance of catching us (even though it would still be very very unlikely. However, PEG will struggle to see past his ego and will go there to spoil, fight disrupt and generally kick us up in the air to make it all about that one game - he will try to spoil in whatever fashion cause if it works he will have beaten Pep and stopped for a very very brief moment.....but the bigger picture wont change and he knows it - he has said it himself.

We are creating history and will continue to do so......utd will struggle now as the league is so much more competitive.... its used to be one of two between utd and liverpool...then it went to the big sky 4 with arsenal and chelsea which lasted until we broke it - which also led to the likes of spurs getting in and other clubs also catching up (everton amongst the others). We have weakened the top 4 which has allowed others to catch up - they now see the likes of the old top 4 as beatable (which in the 90's they weren't) - teams go to OT and play with hope that they can be equal and often are...same at Arsenal who just havent moved forward because of wneger for long periods of time refusing to spend and no its too late...

Been saying it for a while, Utd are a spent force, they are spending their warchest going to total opposite direction to the way football is going in this country.

Maureen will be sacked in the summer, if he isnt even better, but whoever they bring in will have to work with the hoofball footballers they have, no more spending big marquee purchases.

Liverpool will be our rivals, though I would rather it was spurs because Liverpool are looking actually quite set up for dominance again. Please god nooooooo

Liverpool are, in the traditional sense, a well run club, they have good conservative owners, they want to make money out of Liverpool but they'll spend a bit, particularly as they want to keep Klopp, who is a good manager. Liverpool are relevant again, they're in cup competitions, they play attractive football and their fans have something to talk about other than their istry.

But, we're on 81 points, Liverpool are on 60.

That is a huge gulf and it's huge for a reason. I see no scenario where the words "Liverpool" and "dominance" can appear in the same sentence.

Can't see them ever being a spent force owing to the amount of support they have and the revenue they generate they'll always be thereabouts just can't see a return to the Fergie era again. As for Liverpool and dominant I doubt the very much.

Liverpool are, in the traditional sense, a well run club, they have good conservative owners, they want to make money out of Liverpool but they'll spend a bit, particularly as they want to keep Klopp, who is a good manager. Liverpool are relevant again, they're in cup competitions, they play attractive football and their fans have something to talk about other than their istry.

But, we're on 81 points, Liverpool are on 60.

That is a huge gulf and it's huge for a reason. I see no scenario where the words "Liverpool" and "dominance" can appear in the same sentence.
I hope you're right. I am not talking about this season though, next season I expect them to kick on and be up there challenging us. I think if we slip up or lose the momentum (Dont think we will btw) they will be the major force in English football. We have to stop them

I think you're all very cruel mocking such an afflicted individual.
The man is clearly insane yet you lot laugh at him as you would a man teaming a red shirt (several choices) with a half 'n' half scarf.
He says he wants "investment in the team" yet we all know the rags never rely on the transfer window, preferring to promote from within. This poor deluded man doesn't even understand the philosophy of his own employers.
He's a sick man and should be allowed to get on with the job without us taking the piss.

liverpool to me are the ones that are our closet threat in terms of the way they play football (though they are so far behind this season) - a few good signings and they will be there or there about.

Arsenal will need to go through transition phase - unless wenger stays (which would be absolutely hilarious)

Chelsea are just inconsistent with their managers which doesn't allow them to build an identity footballing wise on the pitch....so you just never know with them

Id rather it be any other team than liverpool but ill take an implosion over at utd as a good second best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.