United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to comprehend the absolute arrogance that led to that banner. It was incomprehensible to them that the status quo would ever change. They were destined to win forever and we were destined to lose forever. I must admit at times it felt like that too and that banner symbolised everything, our suffering and their sense of infallibility. It coming down was almost as euphoric as the win that led to it.
But when his heart became arrogant and hardened with pride, he was deposed from his royal throne and stripped of his glory.
Daniel 5:20.

i'm in the other camp mate if city can't win the prem i want it to be liverpool i want them back on their perch what are the rags going to sing about then?

yeah but its the scouser.....always the victims never the responsibility .......hate that as its the epitome of everything that is wrong int he world.....utd are just rivals in football...the average true utd fan from Manchester is probably an alright person.....scousers just in general aren't...no matter where you are in the world

It's hard to comprehend the absolute arrogance that led to that banner. It was incomprehensible to them that the status quo would ever change. They were destined to win forever and we were destined to lose forever. I must admit at times it felt like that too and that banner symbolised everything, our suffering and their sense of infallibility. It coming down was almost as euphoric as the win that led to it.

I, amongst many older blues hated that banner more than anything. It was always there and every match they were on tv, which was often, the cameras always panned in on it. I actually don't remember when it first appeared but it seemed like it was always there, which for most of their successful period it was. More than anything it evoked real hatred for them that went beyond the normal local rivalry you get in most cities. It was below the belt and breathtakingly arrogant. For me it crossed the line and the fact the hierarchy at that club allowed it's presence made me detest them all the more.

That is why for all his faults which have been revealed since he left Mancini will always be a hero to many. He hated that banner too and said he would tear it down and he did.

I would actually have that banner or a picture of it as part of our history. Just before every derby match I would show the players it and explain the story behind it. Team talk done.

But when his heart became arrogant and hardened with pride, he was deposed from his royal throne and stripped of his glory.
Daniel 5:20.

"Balotelli......AGUEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

Tyler 93:20

It appears the Rags sign players because every other club are interested in them , Lukatme , Carlton , The Merc. etc., instead of actually looking at their squad and signing players that they need , when they offered The Merc a king ransom to leave the Goons they were crying out for a creative midfield player , so Ozil would have been the sensible option. There appears absolutely no cohesion or plan and Woodward is just throwing money at the next big thing , i can see Bale or ladyboy turning up at the Swamp next year on ridiculous salaries , it really is chaos , and long may it continue
I hope they sign Bale, so on the left it'll be Bale, Rashford, Martial and Sanchez

The last time anything was as lopsided, it had been torpedoed in the North Atlantic

Been saying it for a while, Utd are a spent force, they are spending their warchest going to total opposite direction to the way football is going in this country.

Maureen will be sacked in the summer, if he isnt even better, but whoever they bring in will have to work with the hoofball footballers they have, no more spending big marquee purchases.

Liverpool will be our rivals, though I would rather it was spurs because Liverpool are looking actually quite set up for dominance again. Please god nooooooo
I think they need to win the league before they can even ponder dominating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.