United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
why?

I know plenty of utd fans and outside of their allegiances to Utd and football conversations in general they are decent people. Plenty of them admit they have been very poor this year and are surprised how far up the table they are and they are worried about how it will go in the next few years as well.
I agree,however,as you say,add football to the mix and they suddenly become the most vile,obnoxious and arrogant of individuals.

I agree,however,as you say,add football to the mix and they suddenly become the most vile,obnoxious and arrogant of individuals.
Similar to road rage gobshites. Lovely in real life, stick them behind a steering wheel and the become the devil incarnate. Similarly, once that lovely young chap from number 84 crosses the threshold into the Meccano Set, he becomes a "massive" wanker.

Similar to road rage gobshites. Lovely in real life, stick them behind a steering wheel and the become the devil incarnate. Similarly, once that lovely young chap from number 84 crosses the threshold into the Meccano Set, he becomes a "massive" wanker.

Or you could see it as. They are total wankers, but manage to control their true outlook, for the most part ;-)

No football for a fortnight, but some brilliant entertainment.

Conte facing the sack for throwing his Chelsea players under a bus at a recent press conference.

Mourinho tried to follow suit yesterday,but unfortunately the bus was parked at the time.

why?

I know plenty of utd fans and outside of their allegiances to Utd and football conversations in general they are decent people. Plenty of them admit they have been very poor this year and are surprised how far up the table they are and they are worried about how it will go in the next few years as well.
I know plenty of man utd fans from Manchester (including my brother) who looked down on city supporters during the fergie years, who did not even have the decency to be embarrassed by the vile that came from their manager's mouth and who glorified in the downturn in our fortunes. Say what you like about "outside their allegiances to Utd", within the sphere of their footballing universes they are very dislikeable.

Last edited:
So ucl campaigns for united in last decade

2009 ferguson lost in final guardiola's barca
2010 out in 1/4 final against van gaal's bayern
2011 lost in final to pep again
2012 out in very easy group stage-benfica, basel, otelul
2013 lost to nourinho's real in 1/8
2014 moyes lost to pep's bayern in 1/4
2016 van gaal failed in easy group stage-cska, psv, wolfsburg
2018-mourinho lost to sevilla in 1/8
Very poor record for club pretending to be face of english football. I am confident that starting with this year we will represent england in semifinals against elite and will establish ourselves as face of english football.

I know plenty of man utd fans from Manchester (including my brother) who looked down on city supporters during the fergie years, who did not even have the decency to be embarrassed by the vile that came from their manager's mouth and who glorified in the downturn in our fortunes. Say what you like about "outside their allegiances to Utd", within the sphere of their footballing universes they very dislikeable.

How very true . Humility is not a virtue that exists within the majority of them .

Paddy Barclay: "I can absolutely promise you that nothing will have made Pep's heart sink - than the news that Mourinho coming to #mufc."

Paddy Barclay: "Honestly, Guardiola must have felt like ripping up his contract when that happened." #mufc

Care to give us any more of your insights Paddy?

Paddy the font of all knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.