Melbourne City FC Thread

I admire your optimism, but I can't see it happening for him in Manchester. He's already 19, and if players like Roberts and Marcos Lopes were surplus to requirements I can't see Arzani being any different.

Talented player yes, but i think he sticks out like a sore thumb in the A-league, it's a very small pond there...

My optimism is he will make it to Europe and play for a decent side at the minimum. I'm not guaranteeing he plays for City. I feel City can at least make a profit on the lad. I do think he's better than Roberts and better than what Lopes was at the same age.

You're correct about the A League but I still think he will get a chance to train with our lads if we do sign him ( I'm 90% positive we will )

I live in Oz now and keep an eye on Melbourne Ciry, though its hard to get excited as the quality is probably around League 1. Warren Joyce doesn’t seem to be doing a greaf job, but Arzani is definitely the stand out player. Young, fast, skinny and changes direction quickly. He won’t be in this league much longer, and I’d expect City to buy him then loan him out - similar deal to Mooy. He’s got bags of potential but need to see him agains half decent European opposition for season before I call it. Please don’t send him to Scotland or another leage that’s no better than Oz.

Halftime 1 up by Fornaroli good possession football being played need a playmaker in midfield though don’t seem to score many goals

Finished 3:0 and probably our best 95 minute performance for the season. Fornaroli and Arzani played well. The young right back Atkinson was good and the 2 centre backs of Jakobsen and Schenkeveld were dominant.

With other results going our way we remain 3rd, clear by 2 points with 3 games remaining. It's crucial we finish 3rd to get the ACL playoff game. The top 2 are starting yo wobble. Sydney mainly because their coach has been named Socceroos coach after the world cup and the Jets lost their best and inform player to a J League club, so with finals only 3 games away we all of sudden have become an outside chance to do some damage in the finals.

Finished 3:0 and probably our best 95 minute performance for the season. Fornaroli and Arzani played well. The young right back Atkinson was good and the 2 centre backs of Jakobsen and Schenkeveld were dominant.

With other results going our way we remain 3rd, clear by 2 points with 3 games remaining. It's crucial we finish 3rd to get the ACL playoff game. The top 2 are starting yo wobble. Sydney mainly because their coach has been named Socceroos coach after the world cup and the Jets lost their best and inform player to a J League club, so with finals only 3 games away we all of sudden have become an outside chance to do some damage in the finals.
Good luck !

Another 0:3 win. This time against 2nd placed Newcastle. With 2 games remaining they can't move and aren't playing for much but having said that losing 0:3 at any time is a bad result.

As a team performance another really solid game. Everyone put in and for most of the match we were completely dominant.

Standouts for me were Vidosic and Brattan but generally speaking we didn't have a poor player.

We have Central Coast at home this Saturday and they are 2nd last and Wellington away which are last both teams have won only 4 games each for the entire season so to say we should win is an understatement.

Baring any major upsets we add should play Brisbane home in an elimination final and Newcastle away in a semi final, we win those then we most likely play Sydney in the grand final. Obviously anything can happen and most likely we will find a way to balls it up but until then I'm pretty pumped and can't wait for the next 4 to 5 weeks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.