Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly KDB cannot be signing of the season , he's been here for a coupleof seasons , but he should be the player of the season and as for strikers Aguero scored three at Watford and gave up the chance of a fourth by giving Raheem the penalty award , and that was at the beginning of the season when Watford had something to play for , the final score was 6-0 at their gaff. Aguero is not a one season wonder , he's the signing of the decade and their isnt enough money in the world that would tempt us to sell our best players to Real Madrid or Barca , we are not a feeder club.

Oh, yes, Auntie was all over this game suggesting that 'if' Watford turned us over they could go fourth! And one poor sod of a Watford fan tweeted that it couldn't get any worse than the nil-five the season before!

No of course not, me neither. it’s a nice discussion.

I just define a selling club as one where you sell your best players to anyone besides Barca/Real.
So when Arsenal sold RVP and Sanchez to United for example.

The last time we did that. Was Torres to Chelsea

A selling club is a club that sells their best players ...it's irrelevant who takes them as the bottom line is they are still gone.

Ah, the classic ‘I’ve read the headline but nothing else’ moment.

He hasn’t compared him to Messi, he’s said Messi has done what he’s done for a very long time and he doesn’t think Mo wants to be compared to Messi. Although he may be oh his way.

/QUOTE]

I didn't read the headline. I rarely bother with the RagDipperArseHaringeyMeedya. It was a text from my ERO. And at this end of the East Lancs it looks very much like a comparison, unless it was a Teutonic contrast. You put two players in the same linguistic arena, and it's one or the other!

I agree with the logic of this and there’s also Kane to consider. I would also consider Ederson because he has been instrumental in the way we play and the confidence throughout the team. I would probably give Player of the Year to
1. Salah - absolutely torn up the league after many thought he might flop again
2. KDB - incredible player and incredible season. In the big games he stands up
3. Kane - made such a difference to Spurs
But it is so close one can easily see those positions reversed.

Yep. Agree. Everytime I was David Silva he’s also on a different level some games. Tough picks but still Salah stands out and deserves the plaudits.

Nope. Like I said most Liverpool fans had a ‘good riddance’ reaction to that transfer.

I took it hard because I really liked him but most other fans didn’t care. Especially because £50million was coming the other way.

Ah but the good riddance comments came after he said he wanted to go,bit fickle like that us supporters,now what about Mario,I forgot to mention him,the buzz was enormous when he signed for you,and seem to remember similar vibes when you signed Robbie Keane as well,both worked a treat didn't they.

I'm afraid to say Salah will be off to win trophies soon enough as well............wonder if we could find him a place on our bench.......:)

Nope. Like I said most Liverpool fans had a ‘good riddance’ reaction to that transfer.

I took it hard because I really liked him but most other fans didn’t care. Especially because £50million was coming the other way.
What?!? Why does all of Anfield boo him then? Why doesn’t he get the same reaction as Ibe? Why were all your legends lined up on tv to tell him how he’s making a huge mistake? Why did Rodgers say he’s not leaving?

Another convenient myth that ignores the actual truth which seems to happen very regularly in the press regarding transfer fees at Liverpool and more so United. Sterling was 45 with 5 add ons - one of which will be triggered with the league win, of which Liverpool got just 35m and QPR 10m. Not having a go at you at all, just saying. Like Pogba was 89m when actually he was 110 with agents fees and Lukaku 70m when again 10m agent fees and 15-20m added on technically for Rooney’s fee which was a swap masked in a free transfer. Also Sanchez ‘s wage being widely reported as 325 per week when its 510 gross. Also getting back to Liverpool, how classless is the flyer from the club about the bus welcome “5 times winners v 1 time semi finalists” Where did that come from? If was aimed at a team that constantly rubs stats/history down your throats fair enough but we plainfully don’t. Very classless and asking for trouble on the day winding up the idiots to a frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.