Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. Like I said most Liverpool fans had a ‘good riddance’ reaction to that transfer.

I took it hard because I really liked him but most other fans didn’t care. Especially because £50million was coming the other way.
Right mate, explain in considered fair terms why all the booing for Sterling?

Ah the deflection. Nice one. Super effective.

Sakho was awful. Bye bye. See ya later
Ibe I never rated, he’s found his level.
Sterling showed potential but I see him making the same cock ups he used to do with us. So for £50million I’ll take that.

City haven’t sold because they haven’t come in for any of your players. Don’t think you’ve had anyone that’s really stood out like Suárez did. What happens though if Real want Aguero? Or Barca want Sané?

Guess we’ll only find out when that day comes.

Stood out like Suarez? Try David Silva mate would walk into any first 11 in the world whilst he’s been at City and no ones tried taking him off us. Even Yaya of 4 years ago would have had Madrid wanting to take him off our hands if they could but they know they can’t. Why would the likes of Sane want to go to Barca when there will be a huge rebuilding job going on and Messi will be coming to the end of his shelf life?

We are already ahead of the curve of the like of the top two in Spain. Ronaldo, Messi, Suarez, Modric, Benzima, Iniesta, Ramos, Pique are all going to need replacing soon whilst we will be making minor tweaks for the next few years with a younger settled team.

Even though there are only two English teams left in Europe at the moment I think the balance of power will come back to England in regards who wins the champions league. There is too much money sloshing round the premier league for it not to happen, it will go back to the period of 15 years ago when Chelsea seemed to always play Liverpool in the semis.

Another convenient myth that ignores the actual truth which seems to happen very regularly in the press regarding transfer fees at Liverpool and more so United. Sterling was 45 with 5 add ons - one of which will be triggered with the league win, of which Liverpool got just 35m and QPR 10m. Not having a go at you at all, just saying. Like Pogba was 89m when actually he was 110 with agents fees and Lukaku 70m when again 10m agent fees and 15-20m added on technically for Rooney’s fee which was a swap masked in a free transfer. Also Sanchez ‘s wage being widely reported as 325 per week when its 510 gross. Also getting back to Liverpool, how classless is the flyer from the club about the bus welcome “5 times winners v 1 time semi finalists” Where did that come from? If was aimed at a team that constantly rubs stats/history down your throats fair enough but we plainfully don’t. Very classless and asking for trouble on the day winding up the idiots to a frenzy

I love this kind of shit as it will make them look even more stupid (and never learning) after we knock them out

Nope. Like I said most Liverpool fans had a ‘good riddance’ reaction to that transfer.

I took it hard because I really liked him but most other fans didn’t care. Especially because £50million was coming the other way.

Considering they didn't care about losing Sterling, they display enough venom towards him . Was that because he wanted to leave perhaps and a lot of slapped arse fans can't handle that ?

The " good riddance reaction " was because they were offended that he didn't want to stay , so very hollow claim.

Jordan Ibe was better
And yes, nothing says indifference and good riddance than the orchestrated hate campaign against Sterling along with the media that led to him being booed at multiple neutral grounds, weirdly enough.

@LFC-Fans Not sure if you ever go onto Red Cafe and RAWK , but there are amazing similarities in the level /content of comments focussing around entitlement on both sites , and that is not a compliment to either set of posters.

Liverpool have a fantastic history of success especially European Cups , but that does not give you a " right of passage to future success " , and your supporters need to be able to accept this . They might then get more respect from other forums.

Optimism goes through the heart of most supporters , but believing that deserving success without actually achieving it, is pure arrogance .

United excel at arrogance, and your supporters are not far behind .

Honest.

I have this conversation with my friends all the time. I’m constantly drawing their attention to his 15 goals 7 assists in the league so far.

All they can muster up is a “yeah well he’s in a better team so obviously he gets more”
Or
“Meh his goals have been tap ins”

I mean at that point I just give up. What’s the point? They clearly haven’t watched him

Honest.

I have this conversation with my friends all the time. I’m constantly drawing their attention to his 15 goals 7 assists in the league so far.

All they can muster up is a “yeah well he’s in a better team so obviously he gets more”
Or
“Meh his goals have been tap ins”

I mean at that point I just give up. What’s the point? They clearly haven’t watched him

yet you've booed and had your mates in the media slander him and make up lies about him since the day he left.

You're a liar, extremely disingenuous and lack dignity and respect.

@LFC-Fans Not sure if you ever go onto Red Cafe and RAWK , but there are amazing similarities in the level /content of comments focussing around entitlement on both sites , and that is not a compliment to either set of posters.

Liverpool have a fantastic history of success especially European Cups , but that does not give you a " right of passage to future success " , and your supporters need to be able to accept this . They might then get more respect from other forums.

I completely agree with you. 100%. I say this time and time again.

Nobody has a divine right to anything, regardless of success. Which is why it angers me when I see things like “we’re Liverpool. We deserve to be in X” or whatever. It’s complete bullshit.

You have to prove yourselves year in year out.
I cannot stress enough how often I say this.

But you know what? So do others Liverpool fans. Obviously RAWK is another thing, but when speaking in person to other pool fans we all agree. None of us are expectant of success.

How can we be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.