It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Gunn imo the sensible choice for him is to come back as a number 2 to Ederson - it's like a rare opportunity to learn from the best footballing goalkeeper in the world and coaches all geared towards this style. Even 1 year would set him up for his career. He has his whole career to gain more real game time. No rush.
I dont think they see it as being that simple. He may be young but as with all sportsmen, they are one serious injury away from early retirement. I believe he will want to make hay at the moment by playing as often as he can

Rumours of Celtic being interested in taking Gunn on loan. Would be a good move for him imo. They'll have a lot more possession so he could really work on his footwork and sweeping plus get to play champions league football.

Fabinho/Weigl and Werner/Bailey would be my dream two of four possible signings.

Don't think Guardiola fancies Fabinho because he can be quiet slow in possession and lack energy.

Werner is a killer in front of goal and burns defenders in a foot race - and I think we’ll play 2 up top more often next year so he would be ideal too.

Weigl is super intelligent and will only get better.

Bailey is still quite raw but has so much potential.

Rumours of Celtic being interested in taking Gunn on loan. Would be a good move for him imo. They'll have a lot more possession so he could really work on his footwork and sweeping plus get to play champions league football.
Absent the six Champions League games they get blown out in per year Celtic would be a lateral move at best for Gunn. We should be bringing him back as backup or finding somewhere else he can play in the Premier League.

We should just sell Gunn with a significant buy-back clause. Hes not gonna improve playing behind ederson or playing in a lesser league. And he's not gonna attract interest from top clubs if only for a loan.

Absent the six Champions League games they get blown out in per year Celtic would be a lateral move at best for Gunn. We should be bringing him back as backup or finding somewhere else he can play in the Premier League.

A lateral move at best? Jesus pal.

I don't like Celtic either but saying moving from a mid-table championship to them is lateral is harsh.

Regardless, keeping Gunn would be a stupid and selfish move from us. Bravo has only managed 11 appearances this season and isn't likely to be getting any more whereas Gunn already has 43. Lad needs game time to develop and with 3 competitions in Scotland plus Europe he'll get that in spades.

Send Gunn to Huddersfield Town, if they're interested, in my opinion. We have links there from the Mooy deal and that's probably a good next step for him.

If Town don't stay up, West Ham maybe?

Send Gunn to Huddersfield Town, if they're interested, in my opinion. We have links there from the Mooy deal and that's probably a good next step for him.

If Town don't stay up, West Ham maybe?
Christ, who's your third option? West Brom?

A lateral move at best? Jesus pal.

I don't like Celtic either but saying moving from a mid-table championship to them is lateral is harsh.

Regardless, keeping Gunn would be a stupid and selfish move from us. Bravo has only managed 11 appearances this season and isn't likely to be getting any more whereas Gunn already has 43. Lad needs game time to develop and with 3 competitions in Scotland plus Europe he'll get that in spades.
Why is it harsh? The Championship is a better league than the SPL at this point and Norwich is a club where, given the personal connection, he'll have been under pressure to perform week in week out. Carrow Road isn't Celtic Park but it's full every week and they're a decent enough team. Celtic is obviously a good club, don't get me wrong, but playing there next year wouldn't tell us anything about his ability that we don't already know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.