United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 5th league title in our history celebrated by singing about United’s manager?

There might be time over 90 minutes whether it's the title clincher or not to sing a variety of songs. I'm happy to spend a few moments giving PEG some stick as well as singing the praises of our own boys

The 5th league title in our history celebrated by singing about United’s manager?
Agreed.

We should rib him during like we did the matalan chant but if the title win is on celebrate our team being the best club in the country.

Peg reminds me of a boxer after bad mouthing his opponent realises he is out of his depth and wants to get to the canvas without taking too much of a beating. That sentence is almost as long as one of his last Friday.

No it's not in same league. A bit more subtle. I recall many united fans (mainly non mancunians) not getting the joke at the time. Nevertheless it was a club sanctioned dig at united

Yes, it was a dig at the rags, and a very funny one, but it wasn’t a downright insult. Also, the "Welcome to Manchester" poster was up on Deansgate for a short period, I don’t remember exactly how long; that fucking banner was displayed at the swamp for years.

There might be time over 90 minutes whether it's the title clincher or not to sing a variety of songs. I'm happy to spend a few moments giving PEG some stick as well as singing the praises of our own boys
That wasn’t what was posted though. You can be as sarcastic as you like but I was responding to the words “As we win the league.”

To be fair, Inter (18 Serie A titles and 3 CL wins) are nowhere near as big as United (20 League title and 3 CL wins) because most of their trophies were won before 1992, so don't really count.
But but but it's so much harder to win the prem than serie A. The only true giants are the rags and Barca, maybe Real but only cos of Ronaldo and he's a rag anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.