Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to be honest here pal, you've got some balls coming on here. But i will say you seem a fair minded type so fair play. I don't disbelieve you saying you haven't booed Sterling, but every game he's played for us, particularly the last game, the booing and whistling everytime he was on the ball is fuckin toxic, and the majority of those Liverpool fans at the game are guilty of this.
Compare that to the stick we give Milner and the difference is? You tell me!
I'm a bit shocked at the way some blues are coming at him. It is a bit over the top. Shades of Rawk and Rag-caf attitudes.

As to the issue of booing, I've never understood fans dislike for players who leave. Just boggles my mind. Yes, Liverpool fandom is silly and childish when it comes to Sterling, but this isn't unique to them.. I really need Sterling to have a massive game. Perhaps a hattrick. As I think a large part of it is that they think their boing affects him.

I'm a bit shocked at the way some blues are coming at him. It is a bit over the top. Shades of Rawk and Rag-caf attitudes.

As to the issue of booing, I've never understood fans dislike for players who leave. Just boggles my mind. Yes, Liverpool fandom is silly and childish when it comes to Sterling, but this isn't unique to them.. I really need Sterling to have a massive game. Perhaps a hattrick. As I think a large part of it is that they think their boing affects him.

Sterling to score a winning goal at klanfield would be top of my wishlist come the 1st leg CL game

Most the media now a going for Salah player of the season fair enough but no one ever talks about Agueor in the same bracket who has score 4 in a game and an hatrick away at Watford And this is why none of our players ever win these individual accolades.

Thanks mate. You have to have thick skin. And I’ve liked the discussion I’ve had. It’s really interesting hearing other fans point of view, I’m not boxed in my Liverpool world only listening to Liverpool fans and Liverpool pundits. I wanna hear everyone’s opinions I think it’s so cool. I just hope my opinions come across as nice discussion/banter and nothing more. I might have to try harder at that.

Truth is Sterling was my favourite player at Liverpool during his time. Obviously Suárez was great, but I always liked Sterling. And when he left I never understood the hate from pool fans. What’s more I never understood the “ah well, he’s rubbish. Moving on” I always said and still think to this day he will do great things. Maybe not world class, but I think he’ll be a very good PL player. Just because he left doesn’t mean my opinions of him are blinded.

Like I’ve said. I’ve never booed him. What’s more I’ve never booed anyone. You know how when players take corners,throw ins, goal kicks or celebrations and you see fans swearing at them calling them names, middle finger making hand signs etc? I find that disgusting!

I mean what’s the point? What’s more is you can bet that if their team signed that player they’d suddenly all love him. Fans are fickle
What about singing Harold Shipman killed your Gran? That's not very nice either.

Sorry but disagree, your equating the fact City have strolled the league so no one other than a City player deserves it.
Salah individually has been on a different planet to anyone this season, it’s irrelevant if he plays in a team which has a shit defence so consequently loses more games.
Kev is on par as a equally world class player but this season Salah deserves the accolade.

It's all about differing opinions. I don't understand why people get upset. I don't know how highly the players think of these trophies, anyway.
I just love it that KDB is with us and I enjoy watching Salah too. He is a tremendous player.

If we win the league against the rags will the dippers give us a guard of honour ? or will the use the different competition getout

If we win the league against the rags will the dippers give us a guard of honour ? or will the use the different competition getout
Well to be fair it IS a different competition so isn't a get out. And no they wouldn't give us a guard of honour

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=339509.msg15932709#msg15932709

We don't have many proven winners in our squad like Juve have but what we do have is a mythical stadium where magic always happens in Europe. The type of pedigree that the players will feel inside themselves on the strength of our history. Djimi Traore, Igor Biscan, Anthony Le Tallec, Sinama Pongolle, Neil Mellor, the list goes on, they struggled week in week out and turned into monsters when they stood in a Liverpool shirt and heard that champions league music. Our players will feel ten feet tall and for City it will be as much of a test of their bottle and their maturity as it will be of their fantastic style of play. Sterling flaps it when he comes to Anfield for a league match, in fact a lot of their players seem to struggle at Anfield, they'll think they know what to expect but nothing can prepare them for what will hit them in that first leg. They might be relishing the tie but we can make life extremely, extremely difficult for them.

Outside of the atmosphere at Anfield I think we also need to remember that we are an excellent football team, and while City have been magnificent this season, they haven't yet won anything worthy of giving them the adulation that they are receiving. Of course, we need to respect them. But there seems to be more fear over this City side than there is of a Real Madrid team who, like us, are a different beast in Europe to domestically and are chasing a hatrick (a fucking hatrick) of european cups. More fear for City than of Barcelona, who still have players in their team who made up probably the best side of all time and have been favourites to win the competition every year for the last decade. City are a fantastic team, capable of coming to Anfield and winning it in the 1st leg alone. But we are also a fantastic team with genuine pedigree and a history absolutely littered with victories on these types of occasions.

It's going to be a massive battle, heart attack inducing stuff. But what an opportunity presents itself to both clubs. The games can't come soon enough.

1. myth
    noun
    • 1A traditional story, especially one concerning the early history of a people or explaining a natural or social phenomenon, and typically involving supernatural beings or events.

‘ancient Celtic myths’
      mass noun ‘the heroes of Greek myth’
  2. 2A widely held but false belief or idea.

‘the belief that evening primrose oil helps to cure eczema is a myth, according to dermatologists’
    1. 2.1 A misrepresentation of the truth.
      ‘attacking the party's irresponsible myths about privatization’
  3. 2.2 A fictitious or imaginary person or thing.
    ‘nobody had ever heard of Simon's mysterious friend—Anna said he was a myth’
  4. 2.3 An exaggerated or idealized conception of a person or thing.
    ‘the book is a scholarly study of the Churchill myth’
"Mythical" stadium. They really are a mental fanbase.

Oh of course, I just find that I have to be extra cautious compared to some other forums.
You don't mate, a good point or comment is valid whoever you are, I just think some people are exasperated at the rank hypocrisy when money is mentioned in some context or other, Liverpool have plenty of money as demonstrated by spending £75 million on a bang average central defender ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.