United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://news.paddypower.com/footbal...AFF_ID=16562&dclid=CP6nm5Pi9tkCFUak7Qod2DwB2A

"The tanned Tony Pulis";

f4c2Ywl.gif

Yeah I remember a pundit saying that if you'd asked Utd fans at the start of the season to make a combined team, they would all put at least half of their own players in it. But now they're claiming we're so far ahead because their squad needs rebuilding.

Giggs went 6 to United & 5 City players in December.

Nearly all United fans would have said De Gea, Valencia, Bailly, Matic, Rashford, Pogba & likely Martial would make a combined xi.

They really are delusional. Nearly all City fans I know would take at most two. Martial & Rashford. I personally think Rashford is gash, but understand the appeal and appreciate the difference Pep could make to him.

Nearly all United fans would have said De Gea, Valencia, Bailly, Matic, Rashford, Pogba & likely Martial would make a combined xi.

They really are delusional. Nearly all City fans I know would take at most two. Martial & Rashford. I personally think Rashford is gash, but understand the appeal and appreciate the difference Pep could make to him.

Instead of Leroy and Raheem?

Are you having a Turkish?

And if not those two, then whom?

M
The media is insanely biased toward Citeh and have been since the oil family bought them.

I'm surprised more people don't seem aware to this. There are basically no negative stories about them, ever.

Thus - no stories about their players leaving

agenda what agenda ?

One raggie reckons we are so rich we actually bribe other clubs not to bid for our players.

Marshall as cover for Sane maybe. Rashford on the bench. That's it.

The guy who wrote ‘in detail’ about the contracts of City/United players is a classic example of someone sounding like they know what they are talking about, but in reality, hasn’t a fucking clue
I think it's this fella......he knows his stuff:

You have to factor in that media quoted figures for Utd wages usually include all bonus payments. This is irregardloss of whether targets are met & the bonuses are actually paid. City figures tend to be reported as a basic salary with bonus payments that could occur.

Pogba & KDB both earn £280K P/W. In the case of Pogba this is his top line wage with bonuses paid. KDB's new contract gives him a flat £280K with an extra £70K P/W in bonus payments. It is likely he won't reach all his targets so the payment will be slightly less. He is though earning considerably more than Pogba. Image Rights can muddy the waters slightly. These though should not really be considered in the grand scheme of things. Pogba will likely be earning more than KDB in this respect. He is though a more marketable player. These payment won't really be costing the club money as he is bringing more in than what he takes out.

Sanchez & Aguero will also be on much the same wage. Aguero earns a basic £220K with a further £80K per week in bonuses. The crazy figures the media report for Sanchez go from £500K to £600K. These figures though include the signing on fee, agents fee & all bonuses paid. Take all these off & the wage is obviously a lot less. It's obviously not a great headline though stating ''Sanchez signs deal as big as Aguero's'

I wouldn't put too much stock in the wage figures your club reports though.

My local rugby team Salford were in much the same position as City. A Yo Yo team, with large debts, going nowhere. Salford were bought out by a wealthy owner who wanted to play Rugby Manager on cheat mode. The club moved to a new stadium & started making lots of expensive signings. The problem was that Rugby had a salary cap. The club were investigated & it was found that the owner had been buying players expensive cars, houses etc etc to supplement there wages. The club were docked points as a result. This is very much what is going on at City. The difference is that City will get away with it as there are no rules on what club owners are allowed to give players.

Their bitterness against pep in redcafe is unbelieavable. İ read their some threads about european football and current cl campaign. They cheering for liverpool and worshipping heynckess and bayern for beating pep in possible semifinal. Bayern and germans were one of united and ferguson's historical rivals but now united fanbase pep hatred and jealousy is so extreme that they look for our possible ucl failure more than their possible fa cup victory.
But but liverpool are their "big" rivals.

Instead of Leroy and Raheem?

Are you having a Turkish?

And if not those two, then whom?

Not instead. Just take. Martial would compliment our squad.

I've already said I'm not a big fan of Rashford, but happy to concede that Pep could turn him into a real useful addition.

For the record, I think Sané is going to be something very very special.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.