Ryanair carry on bag

uncle fester

Anyone flown with Ryanair since this change came in?

like most people travelling with them I got the email saying I can only take a small bag onboard and that my 'second' bag will have to go in the hold

Now I don't have a second bag - just the usual trolley type bag which is more than enough for what I need

Am I right in thinking that my 1 bag means I don't need to avail of their scam to get me to pay for priority boarding?

cheers

like most people travelling with them I got the email saying I can only take a small bag onboard and that my 'second' bag will have to go in the hold

Now I don't have a second bag - just the usual trolley type bag which is more than enough for what I need

Am I right in thinking that my 1 bag means I don't need to avail of their scam to get me to pay for priority boarding?

cheers

You have to put bag in the hold, if you haven't gone priority. We did this, as it was not a problem to wait for our bags at destination.
They come round and tag them at gate and are loaded to troliies on tarmac before you board the plane.

*edit. We did see people taking tags off and taking their bags on. There didn't seem to be any
ticket/bag checks as you entered the plane.

cheers

Should be ok. Even with 2 bags the 2nd one is put in the hold free of charge.

good. If I came to power "carry on" bags would be banned. It would be back to "hand luggage" and anything with wheels on is clearly not designed to be carried in your hands so it is a suitcase so goes in the hold, not in the overhead locker so that my soft bag has to go under the seat which blocks MY legroom when I'm the only one who has brought a genuine carry on bag with me.

Ban the fuckers.

take the tag off before you get to the aircraft,(do it sneakily) and you will be able to put it in the luggage compartment above your head ,I don't work on ryan airs but used to work on easy jets,nobody will know any difference.

If it’s free in the hold, I’m not sure what the problem is anyway. People are always in a rush when it comes to planes nowadays. Rush to queue up to get on, rush to get off, rush to get through passport control etc etc....all for an extra 10 mins on holiday. Or do us Brits just like to rush

It's only an issue if it's a full flight. Flown with them twice recently and everyone took their cases on board as usual because it was only 75% full.

good. If I came to power "carry on" bags would be banned. It would be back to "hand luggage" and anything with wheels on is clearly not designed to be carried in your hands so it is a suitcase so goes in the hold, not in the overhead locker so that my soft bag has to go under the seat which blocks MY legroom when I'm the only one who has brought a genuine carry on bag with me.

Ban the fuckers.
Good post.

Another example of our wonderful selfish society.

I fly all the time with them.
The small bag you can take on now is no bigger than a woman’s handbag.

They tag your other bag at the gate and you leave it by the plane as you board.
It goes in the hold.
I think this is a much better system than the bun fight you used to get with too many bags for the overhead lockers going on board.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.