Season Tickets 2018-19 - 3% average increase reported

He doesn't seem to think that a £52M decrease in revenue would be problematic.
The owner/board would have a very different view.

Problematic, maybe, but easily solvable. £52m is your figure, which was based on giving the tickets away, even corporate.

In reality, it would be much less.

He doesn't seem to think that a £52M decrease in revenue would be problematic.
The owner/board would have a very different view.
We don’t have to decrease revenue by £52m though. That ticket revenue is split roughly 50/50 between standard and corporate tickets. So standard tickets are about £26m in total meaning dropping that by 10% costs us no more that £2.5m. This year revenue should be up over £30m so we don’t actually lose any money.

We’ve got a bunch of dickheads running the club. If they had half a brain between them they’d take a good look about how we manage tickets, pricing, hospitality etc. Because they’ve completely fucked it up so far.

I have not been a season ticket holder since the year we won the league in the Aguero moment. To be honest I prefer to watch most matches on TV. I am now coming up to retirement and could afford pay an inflated price. If they did an annual ticket for say £5k which guarenteed a ticket to every match Home and away for a season I would jump at it for one season only. Then I would revert back to form and return to TV viewing. I know a lot on here would say I would be queue jumping, but the point I am making is there will always be a demand with supporters like me willing to pay accordingly.On the basis that the Club will always put profit before loyalty and if you can’t beat them join them, I say bring it on City.!!

Keeping the ground full and atmosphere positive is worth more to the club than a 10% increase

The league pricing is pretty spot on IMO, ground is usually full enough

CL pricing should be looked at, make the tickets £20 and pack it out and get the place rocking

Getting through an extra round once every few years because you have an intimidating home atmosphere would pay for itself given the size of the prize money and TV pool dished out

Ideally each home game there should be 500 tickets £20each allocated to 16 -21 year olds in the North Stand in the hope they get the stand rocking
Seems City give loads of freebies out to people that dont bother turning up.might as well as sell em cheap to the fans of the future

Last edited:
its not nowt though is it.... season tickets have gone up pretty much every single year for years now, whether thats 20 quid or 50 quid and its all adding up. Also if it was nowt why are lots blues being priced out of attending ?. if it goes up say 50 quid every year will you just carry on accepting it ?. no offense but i find your argument a bit ridiculous. the club don't have to increase prices at all.

as i said its having a big effect on our fan base - loyal blues not renewing and barely any young people 18-25 able to afford to go anymore in the league. you can afford it though so you are alright

Was out yesterday,just seen your reply.

Firstly,I said I'll accept it if there is an increase,didn't mention that I wouldn't be happy about it,as evidently I wouldn't.

But after reading a few responses on here to what you said,I'll now chuck my two penneth in,as you initially responded to me.

£2 increase per month is fuck all,and I mean fuck all,if you could not afford that you can't afford to go out of the house,never mind to the football,but it is not the point I know for some,however I was saying that it increased by £20 from last season,so if it happens again then so be it.

Now to the fact of 18-25 year olds being priced out,as I'm now well past those days,(age wise),things have changed somewhat in the last 20 years,I would go out on a Friday,with the lads,but not always on a mission,especially if I was going the match the next day,and make sure I was fit enough for it,and had the Saturday night to look forward to,after the match,were I'd get pissed,win,draw,or mainly back in the day lose.

A few have mentioned of having surplus money at the end of the week/month,and I'm sure this is pretty much still the same case,especially those who are still living with their mams,or dads,or both still at home,so I'd suggest a few things really,but the main one is don't go out on a Friday night playing the "I'm the shot buyer" for everyone,blowing shit loads on a Friday night,and remember you can still get a shag on a Saturday night.

My priorities may have been different,back in the day,I dunno,but I reckon what I have just said rings true with a lot of mid 40's lads,and they did very similar.

Ticket for the match or £30 on a round of shots,mmmmm let me think

We don’t have to decrease revenue by £52m though. That ticket revenue is split roughly 50/50 between standard and corporate tickets. So standard tickets are about £26m in total meaning dropping that by 10% costs us no more that £2.5m. This year revenue should be up over £30m so we don’t actually lose any money.

We’ve got a bunch of dickheads running the club. If they had half a brain between them they’d take a good look about how we manage tickets, pricing, hospitality etc. Because they’ve completely fucked it up so far.
There is no evidence that dropping season ticket prices will fill the empty seats. All the seats around where I sit in 232 are sold to season ticket holders. The only seats that are ever available are for Cup and UEFA matches. Yet there are loads of empty seats in most matches.

Some on here are too quick to bend the facts to suit their agenda.

There is no evidence that dropping season ticket prices will fill the empty seats. All the seats around where I sit in 232 are sold to season ticket holders. The only seats that are ever available are for Cup and UEFA matches. Yet there are loads of empty seats in most matches.

Some on here are too quick to bend the facts to suit their agenda.
I'm not sure what you're getting at here. I'm only saying that the club could drop prices 10% and see a minimal impact on revenue. not claiming that this would fill empty seats. Every club has this empty seats problem to some degree, even the rags and Liverpool. If anything, the cheaper the ticket, the less inclined people will be to go to midweek games against clubs like Stoke or West Brom.

What I would like is for the club to take a holistic (to use that once-popular word) view of ticketing to include pricing, distribution, hospitality (which I've long said they've over-estimated demand for) and even the approach to season ticketing which would involve paying a smaller price to "reserve" a seat but only paying for it if you intend to use it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.