Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

MIPIM also revealed some things I wasn't aware of.. like the Northern Gateway. Whilst not directly related to the collar site.. it does mean we have 10,000 homes being built pretty much on our doorstep (5 min drive/30min walk) in the years to come. Add to this the 6,000 homes in ADUGs plot, which I believe is immediately below the highlighted section, that's a lot of people arriving in the City over the next decade on the East Side of the City. However FBloke is right, the area's do have social housing plots that the developers will look at, and the social cleansing possibility is a concern.

Northern-gateway-map.jpg

What ever happened to expanding the North stand side of the ground from 2 tier's to 3. has this been put on the back burner for the foreseeable future.

Let's face it, the regeneration of the areas around the ground is to be applauded and supported but I wish they'd have built a super-expanded stadium first and foremost and then turned to regenerating the community. We could have had the stadium up and running by now whilst all these community plans were going through the red tape stages. Not that I'm being ungrateful or anything, it just seems sensible to me.

hope someone's finally hung him upside down from one of his cranes by his kecks.

No unfortunately they haven't. Nothing concrete at all last week in MIPIM. Are people away that Manchester life have bought the retail park where Toys r us is by the way? All part of the longer term connection of the City Centre with the Etihad.

Clearly the business model is to own significant areas on this side of Manchester all centred around new homes. university's and sporting Campus. I have heard Asda will be gone for an expanded training ground. Could it be relocated where Toys r us was? Who knows? I do know that Asda is far too big!

Hope the expansion of the North Stand is completed for at least one season under Pep.

I suspect the club are waiting until there is confirmation on the potential introduction of safe standing before committing, since there may be substantial upheaval involved with creating the standing areas, and any movers will have the option of the new North Stand third tier.

I wouldn't be surprised if we went all in with North and South Stand level 1 becoming the standing areas. We'd have to find a few blocks for the family stand L1 though. They could put a few in North Stand level 2, some at the front of the new third tier and maybe have a couple of blocks on the side, or maybe even offer family priced tickets anywhere else in the ground.

Hope the expansion of the North Stand is completed for at least one season under Pep.

I suspect the club are waiting until there is confirmation on the potential introduction of safe standing before committing, since there may be substantial upheaval involved with creating the standing areas, and any movers will have the option of the new North Stand third tier.

I wouldn't be surprised if we went all in with North and South Stand level 1 becoming the standing areas. We'd have to find a few blocks for the family stand L1 though. They could put a few in North Stand level 2, some at the front of the new third tier and maybe have a couple of blocks on the side, or maybe even offer family priced tickets anywhere else in the ground.

its not going to happen, but i would just merge lvel 1 and two of the north stand and make that a big singing/standign area.

No unfortunately they haven't. Nothing concrete at all last week in MIPIM. Are people away that Manchester life have bought the retail park where Toys r us is by the way? All part of the longer term connection of the City Centre with the Etihad.

Clearly the business model is to own significant areas on this side of Manchester all centred around new homes. university's and sporting Campus. I have heard Asda will be gone for an expanded training ground. Could it be relocated where Toys r us was? Who knows? I do know that Asda is far too big!
I think Great Ancoats Retail Parl was down for having a cinema and supermarket wasn't it? So the plans have changed now then?

I think Great Ancoats Retail Parl was down for having a cinema and supermarket wasn't it? So the plans have changed now then?

Yes that was quite a few years back when Sainsbury's were looking to buy. Be amazed if a cinema ended up on there now.

I think the North Stand will happen as soon as safe standing decision sorted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.