Cambridge Analytica

Ric

Administrator
Brilliant expose on Channel 4 News just now, but genuinely scary stuff about their ability to swing elections. Well worth watching.

Missed it but read some summaries and articles.

Over the last few months I have read a few articles about it. The article in The Observer on Sunday was a particularly good read.

It would not surprise me if a relationship between Leave.EU and CA is soon established. Next, the link between Farage and the Russian government. :)

Sounds like they've slipped up, good if so, this kind of behaviour makes me extremely uncomfortable.

It would not surprise me if a relationship between Leave.EU and CA is soon established. Next, the link between Farage and the Russian government. :)

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, but is this just being pushed into the limelight because the establishment didn't get the results they wanted?

It makes think back to Gordon Brown's/Labour's obsession with ID cards and the tacit admission that they wouldn't make us any safer, and that our data would have been sold on to other 'organisations'.

Would this of been a legal legitimate version similiar to that of CA and their supposed harvesting of facebook profiles?

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, but is this just being pushed into the limelight because the establishment didn't get the results they wanted?

Possibly bit regardless of the angle they are coming from is not an issue if they are highlighting a wrong.

It makes think back to Gordon Brown's/Labour's obsession with ID cards and the tacit admission that they wouldn't make us any safer, and that our data would have been sold on to other 'organisations'.

Would this of been a legal legitimate version similiar to that of CA and their supposed harvesting of facebook profiles?

Not sure how much info would be collated via the ID card so not possible to tell. Personally, I was against it because of the info that could be linked to individuals.

Without a whistle-blower we would be left with suspicions, but they are ten-a-penny, the powers that be just shrug them off, not that our media take much shrugging. Wonder if we might be reading about another "suicide" or "tragic accident" any time soon? And who would be surprised? When Bush stole the election in Florida the democracy deficit ( to use the latest catch-phrase ) was a wake-up call that went straight to "snooze" . Each time "the bad guys " get off scot-free, it makes them bolder.

Fascinating stuff. The role of social media, its impact and the evident abuse by CA and others to manipulate people emotionally will have to be addressed. The other side is the willingness of people to be emotionally manipulated despite facts and evidence which is more problematic. Part of this seems to be a desire to be seen as a ‘victim’ or indentify with a grouping that claims to be ‘victimised’ despite there being no objective evidence to support this. The pathology behind this thinking is also fascinating and exploited by groups like CA who openly reject factual reasoning in favour of emotional reasoning.

As if politics was ever clean before this lot turned up?

I’m not condoning their behaviour but come on folk, doing anything and everything to win, especially in American politics is hardly new or news.

As for Vote Leave somehow manipulating the EU ref result via social media? Seriously? The age group active on social media channels voted overwhelmingly to remain so it’s a no from me lol.

What i find worrying is that Arron Banks and Farage sat down and contemplated using this company to have an effect on brexit.

Yes they decided against it but the fact they had a meeting in the first place for overseas donors is wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.