Album of the day - Genesis (Selling England By The Pound)

Cinema Show....utterly brilliant. Spent many hours late at night chilling to that when much younger.... Really great album.

I played Cinema Show in the car, on the way back from a 30 minute journey. Quality. Collins' drumming on this is superb. Just the little "fills" that go unnoticed, most of the time, are awesome. Banks's keyboard work is untouched.

Firth of Fifth is probably (musicianship wise) their finest moment through their career.
From Banks' intro, to Hackett's zenith for his solo (not keen on the song, lyrically, though).

I Know What I Like is just a GREAT pop song (their first "hit"), and would have been a superb release 20 years later, when promoting the LIVE, THE SHORTS album, when they mistakingly (imo) used Invisible Touch.

In short. It's my second favourite album of theirs, after The Lamb....

Guitar solo on Firth of Fifth is a classic. Cinema show keyboard solo is also amazing. Very good album - one of their best.

I know I’ve slagged you off about your choices but give you this one fantastic album

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.