Are you on this photo? City getting promoted at Blackburn in 2000

Ended up smashing the gates in their end as we were watching in a boozer down the road, but when we scored, some **** nicked the tele!
Great day.
You were there too? I've told people about the stolen tv and they've not believed it. It was after Goater's goal to make it 1-1, everyone leaping around and then the tv was missing from its brackets. Another memory from that day is the train back to Manchester with some City nutters jumping off at Bolton to attack three Bolton fans standing on the platform.

We were in the top tier and couldn’t get down to the pitch at full time.

Incredible game that. Incredible season.

Me and my brother are in the picture somewhere, looking cool in sunglasses. We can be clearly seen on the picture that was on the front of The Mirror the next day.

No I was in the Blackburn end with a ticket I bought off a tout trying to celebrate quietly lol! I had been sussed out as a blue after they scored. Funnily enough the lad to my left was a blue as well.
I was also in the Blackburn end along with thousands of other blues and we weren't celebrating quietly. In fact we went for a beer just before half time and they scored and their fans were apologising for celebrating in front of us.

I was on the upper tier. It was a perfect day. Even after they kept hitting the bar I always thought we would do it. I remember walking down to the ground in the sun with thousands of City fans. It felt like we were unstoppable..and we were!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.