American jaunts into other people's countries.

I was going to say... I'm not sure what supporting Israel has go to do with anything, I certainly think our values are far more common to Israel than say Iran.

Obviously for those of the Corbyn variety though 'talking' to Iran, IRA, Hammas, ISIS etc is something they would be up for compared to supporting say a modern, law abiding multi-cultural country.
The reason their values are more like ours is that most of them are European And therin lies the rub. They created a country in the middle east displacing the previous occupants.

The reason their values are more like ours is that most of them are European And therin lies the rub. They created a country in the middle east displacing the previous occupants.
If you go back 3 or 4 generations about 35-40% are of European origin. If you go back just one generation it's only about 20%. On the other hand if you go back far enough they're all local. Whichever way you look at it most aren't European.

If you go back 3 or 4 generations about 35-40% are of European origin. If you go back just one generation it's only about 20%. On the other hand if you go back far enough they're all local. Whichever way you look at it most aren't European.

In 1900 Palestine 's population was 94% Arab. In 1914 the Jewish population had increased to 52,000 people.

By 1947 there were 630,000 Jews. Where had they come from? These were the same generation as my parents.

Their children and grandchildren may have been born in Israel but would have been inculcated with european values.

In 1900 Palestine 's population was 94% Arab. In 1914 the Jewish population had increased to 52,000 people.

By 1947 there were 630,000 Jews. Where had they come from? These were the same generation as my parents.

Their children and grandchildren may have been born in Israel but would have been inculcated with european values.
Nice job on using 'inculcated'...don't see that very often. Mind you I do live in Idaho

But.....

According to Trumps press secretary the United States have never influenced foreign elections or uprisings to give these nations "The democracy they deserve"

On a world stage they are and still act like the petulant teenager they are.

Half were from Europe and half from the rest of world (not counting those already living there), mostly North African and Middle Eastern countries. 75% of the current population of Israel is Jewish of which around half originated in Europe which is 37% and what I said earlier. As I said, most aren't European.

Half were from Europe and half from the rest of world (not counting those already living there), mostly North African and Middle Eastern countries. 75% of the current population of Israel is Jewish of which around half originated in Europe which is 37% and what I said earlier. As I said, most aren't European.

OK I underestimated the sephardi influx.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.