Season Tickets 2018-19 - 3% average increase reported

You can do it with no photo mate, my pal forgot his season card the other week and gave all his details to one of the blue bibs and they let him in. When we played Roma away I got a little tipsy and lost my ticket, as I was in the process of trying to blag/jib my way in and a nice lady from city approached me and asked for all my details and then let me in. Both of these are without phones or photos so I don't think the lad is bullshitting.

When I've forgotten mine I've gone to the ticket office, given my details and they printed a paper ticket for my usual seat free of charge.

You show a picture of someone's seasoncard on your phone, and they then scan you in? Sorry pal, ain't having that. Otherwise, what's to stop someone / anyone, taking a photo of someone's / anyone's card, waltzing up to the ground and asking to be let in because they have a photo on their phone of someone's season card? Bullshit.
I suppose the assumption is to blag it you would need to know that somebody wasn't turning up and hadn't already scanned their card in, as well as knowing all the details name ,address seat number etc, or have a picture of their card

My apologies for being very dismissive; just sounds so implausible and easily open to abuse. You walk up to the gate, show someone a photo of someone's season card and they let you in. What's to stop me taking a photo, surreptitiously, of someone's season card, for this season's derby game, and showing it to these people on the gate who as you claim, will happily accept that for entry purposes? Nope, not having it. No chance a photo on a phone gets you in the ground.

I'd suggest you try it... then mine is a Guinness

Exactly mate. You get into the habit of not going. Most of the people in the ground now went when they were younger and got the bug. That same process doesn’t happen now and when people get to 18 they stop going or go less. I honestly think football is screwed in about 10/15 years time as older people stop going, as no one is replacing them. Even West Ham fans the other week protesting - it was mainly older people.

I don’t think much has changed on the social side tbf, I’m gonna bet when you were younger it was about the drinking and seeing your mates. That’s what I like about going football.

Yeah it was. You are right though. Throw in social media and technology addiction and the younger lot won’t come through in sufficient numbers to replace the oldies

Yeah it was. You are right though. Throw in social media and technology addiction and the younger lot won’t come through in sufficient numbers to replace the oldies

Spot on. I used to go with my mates. Now it's a military operation if you want to go to the match with a couple of your mates and sit together, to the point it isn't worth the hassle. I'm lucky enough to go with family, and hopefully my lad has the bug sufficiently to carry on going as an adult. Thing is, only a couple of his mates go, with their parents, so he may well find it too much hassle as an adult.

You show a picture of someone's seasoncard on your phone, and they then scan you in? Sorry pal, ain't having that. Otherwise, what's to stop someone / anyone, taking a photo of someone's / anyone's card, waltzing up to the ground and asking to be let in because they have a photo on their phone of someone's season card? Bullshit.
I couldn’t make the Spurs match this season. I upgraded and got a paper ticket at the previous match and posted it to my son who lives in London. The post office managed to take eight days to deliver the ticket. I had taken a picture of it on my phone and texted it to my son just in case.

When it didn’t arrive, he travelled to Manchester on the matchday and went to the ticket office and showed them the picture plus details of my season card and they issued him with a new paper ticket.

Hope someone finds this helpful.

I called the club today to ask about season tickets for next season. Basically, anyone who is a ’Cityzen’ will receive an email in may or June offering them a window to purchase a season ticket - in a picture showing location and price like you buy normal Match day tickets - and then this will be open until their allocation is sold.

Basically, anyone with a membership will be eligible regardless of the length of time you are a member. Good luck anyone wanting to sign up for next season.

Hope someone finds this helpful.

I called the club today to ask about season tickets for next season. Basically, anyone who is a ’Cityzen’ will receive an email in may or June offering them a window to purchase a season ticket - in a picture showing location and price like you buy normal Match day tickets - and then this will be open until their allocation is sold.

Basically, anyone with a membership will be eligible regardless of the length of time you are a member. Good luck anyone wanting to sign up for next season.

Cheers, it is!

Mine’s a San Miguel! You seem adamant (no, not Adam Ant, that would be a whole new ball game), so I’ll give it a go - maybe not at the debry though.
A small number of games are Category A such as the Derby and the upcoming game against Liverpool. For security reasons they do not issue replacement tickets, scan in photos of season cards etc for those games, all others it is easy to get in after forgetting your season card

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.