Nexen tyres

What issues did you have with your Continentals?

Besides being really expensive, I was not getting anywhere near the touted tread life on them - about 35,000 miles, versus the alleged 50,000 - and I've been through 3 sets. I was also having to inflate more times than I should be, or at least it seemed like that to me. They were my factory installed tire (It's a weird 235/45 R19 size) and at the time they were hardly any other options, so I'm glad for some now...and on every forum I researched it was pretty much agreed that the Nexen's I purchased were universally preferred to the Continental's.

Besides being really expensive, I was not getting anywhere near the touted tread life on them - about 35,000 miles, versus the alleged 50,000 - and I've been through 3 sets. I was also having to inflate more times than I should be, or at least it seemed like that to me. They were my factory installed tire (It's a weird 235/45 R19 size) and at the time they were hardly any other options, so I'm glad for some now...and on every forum I researched it was pretty much agreed that the Nexen's I purchased were universally preferred to the Continental's.
Interesting. I think I agree. I got some Continentals on my wife's Golf and while they perform really well they definitely didn't last very well. And I bought a car in January and it has Continentals on. Again, handle really well but I have had to pump them up a couple of times already. Best tyres I ever bought were a set of Vredesteins quite a few years ago. Handled brilliantly, lasted a long time and weren't expensive. Replaced them with another set of Vredesteins and they were a lot more expensive and were fucking garbage. Apparently they had sold out to a Chinese firm or something the year before. Shame.

Interesting. I think I agree. I got some Continentals on my wife's Golf and while they perform really well they definitely didn't last very well. And I bought a car in January and it has Continentals on. Again, handle really well but I have had to pump them up a couple of times already.

Some of the time it varies from car to car - you can have tyres that suit one perfectly but aren't great on another. And of course car manufacturers have agreements with suppliers to fit something as standard which may not be ideal. Owners' clubs usually work out the best options fairly quickly.

Some of the time it varies from car to car - you can have tyres that suit one perfectly but aren't great on another. And of course car manufacturers have agreements with suppliers to fit something as standard which may not be ideal. Owners' clubs usually work out the best options fairly quickly.
TBH I seem to have a lot of issues with tyres that need pumping ridiculously regularly. I don't know if it is a general problem with having alloys or something? Gets right on my tits though.

TBH I seem to have a lot of issues with tyres that need pumping ridiculously regularly. I don't know if it is a general problem with having alloys or something? Gets right on my tits though.
Its not the tyres but the valves that are shite, If they keep loosing pressure. Unless you have a slow puncture or keep kerbing it

Seems an unlikely cause, but do you have dodgy valve caps?

Its not the tyres but the valves that are shite, If they keep loosing pressure. Unless you have a slow puncture or keep kerbing it
Seems an unlikely cause, but do you have dodgy valve caps?
Could be the valves, I tend to get them fitted at the same place so maybe they aren't fitting the valves as well as they should. I don't kerb my alloys but I find the roads are utterly shite these days so hitting potholes is sometimes inevitable.

Could be the valves, I tend to get them fitted at the same place so maybe they aren't fitting the valves as well as they should. I don't kerb my alloys but I find the roads are utterly shite these days so hitting potholes is sometimes inevitable.

The other thing that springs to mind, especially if you've hit potholes is buckled alloys. A tyre place ought to pick that up, mind.

I struggled with this ... went to a garage (not Kwik fit) said it was because i had a very slow puncture due to kerbing and roughing up the alloys. Got me a really good deal on Avon tyres and sorted the wheels out for me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.