It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the rumours start to ramp up and I’m assuming we want our business done by the time the World Cup starts?

Would Isco make more sense if we were planning on making the 3-5-2 our base formation next season? And maybe we don't sign another pivot but use Gundogan there instead. In the case we'd have the following:

For the pivot: Fernandinho, Gundogan
For the two 8's: KDB, Dave, Isco, Bernardo
For the two forwards: Aguero, Jesus, Sterling, Sane

All of a sudden you have eight for four positions...which of course fits Pep's "two for each position" philosophy. I think this is unlikely myself, and it does leave Foden out in the cold a bit, but that's the only way I could see this working.

I think your scenerio here makes the most sense if we’re really after him.

Isco is great but there’s other permutations which makes our squad even better and they don’t involve Isco so I’m not seeing it yet.

The only way that it makes sense to me is if Bernardo was seen as a permanent option at RW but that still leaves us weak at LW.

DM + Isco would be a very weird window.

I really hope the Isco rumours are just because its quiet and its a very easy article... Only way he fits in is if Spanish Dave leaves and that would be a disaster regardless of who we got to replace him. Or maybe the transfer ban is looking more likely and we need to replace him because we won't get a another window till Jan 20?

All we need is a LB, DM, R/LW and he doesn't fit any of those. Debatable whether he has the tenacity to be a CM in our system as well.

Quality player for sure, but not the one we need right now.

I really hope the Isco rumours are just because its quiet and its a very easy article... Only way he fits in is if Spanish Dave leaves and that would be a disaster regardless of who we got to replace him. Or maybe the transfer ban is looking more likely and we need to replace him because we won't get a another window till Jan 20?

All we need is a LB, DM, R/LW and he doesn't fit any of those. Debatable whether he has the tenacity to be a CM in our system as well.

Quality player for sure, but not the one we need right now.

I think another class 8 will be essential in continuing our 'near perfect' form over the next few seasons. When david or kev are missing, or not 100%fit, the standard obviously drops quite a bit.

I think another class 8 will be essential in continuing our 'near perfect' form over the next few seasons. When david or kev are missing, or not 100%fit, the standard obviously drops quite a bit.
Isco isnt going to sit around waiting for Silva and KDB are injured or need a rest, he can do that at Madrid. He could replace Silva but that won't be for another season or two.

Would Isco make more sense if we were planning on making the 3-5-2 our base formation next season? And maybe we don't sign another pivot but use Gundogan there instead. In the case we'd have the following:

All of a sudden you have eight for four positions...which of course fits Pep's "two for each position" philosophy. I think this is unlikely myself, and it does leave Foden out in the cold a bit, but that's the only way I could see this working.
That makes alot of sense, with 3 atb you don't really need a defensive midfielder, the central centre back performs that function. I think it makes sense to consider the midfield 3 as interchanging attacking midfielders with some defensive duties as usual. In that sense, if you consider Fernandinho, Dave and Aguero out of that squad (eventually due to age) we have

Midfield 3: Gundogan, KDB, Isco, Bernardo ----> Foden added depth
Front 2 : Jesus, Sterling, Sane -------> Diaz added depth

That surprisingly works for the future, we have one extra player in the midfield and forward, with Foden and Diaz as added depth.

Don't think you could keep Aguero, Jesus, Sterling, and Sane happy having only two of them play every game. All seem to be the type who want to play most games. Also I don't think we will switch to 3-5-2 as our main formation. While I can see Pep playing 3-5-2 in big games for most games think he will stick with 4-3-3. With how defensively most teams set up against us and how much we control games cannot see him giving up an attacking player for a defensive one. Still can't see the Isco move happening unless one of our midfielders leaving. Still think we will only be in for a rw who is comfortable with a squad role, dm, and maybe a lb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.