Liverpool (a) - CL Quarter Final pre-match thread

Liverpool v City CL prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the reasons I am concerned about tonights game is how the players will mentally be approaching the game.

I think part of the reason we usually don't fare so well in Liverpool is that for some bizarre reason, dippers of both colours seem to treat the game against us like their bloody cup final every time. They play like a team possessed against us normally. Whereas to us, it's just another away game.

And if ever that were true, it's especially true tonight. They're all thinking they have got bugger-all chance of a result in the return leg at the Etihad, so tonight is their one chance. They are thinking they MUST win the game and win it well.

Pep will doubtless have drilled it in to our players how important it is to come away with a win or a draw at worst, and that they should not be thinking about Saturday at all, let alone next week. But players are people, not robots. And people don't stop thinking about something just because they are told to - you cannot just switch on or off like that.

So I can imagine there will be more intensity to Liverpool's game than ours. In fact I think it's inevitable. The question is, will that added intensity be enough for the inferior side to beat the superior side.
Jeez mate, it’s like you are desperately trying to convince yourself we have no chance, can’t believe you think they will have greater intensity and be more mentally prepared than we will, lol.

One of the reasons I am concerned about tonights game is how the players will mentally be approaching the game.

I think part of the reason we usually don't fare so well in Liverpool is that for some bizarre reason, dippers of both colours seem to treat the game against us like their bloody cup final every time. They play like a team possessed against us normally. Whereas to us, it's just another away game.

And if ever that were true, it's especially true tonight. They're all thinking they have got bugger-all chance of a result in the return leg at the Etihad, so tonight is their one chance. They are thinking they MUST win the game and win it well.

Pep will doubtless have drilled it in to our players how important it is to come away with a win or a draw at worst, and that they should not be thinking about Saturday at all, let alone next week. But players are people, not robots. And people don't stop thinking about something just because they are told to - you cannot just switch on or off like that.

So I can imagine there will be more intensity to Liverpool's game than ours. In fact I think it's inevitable. The question is, will that added intensity be enough for the inferior side to beat the superior side.

That's bull, we've had the best intensity all season, fair enough we were slightly jaded last time around at Anfield (loss could've come a week or two before) but Pep has rested players and we're fresh now.

Looking at looking at it with cold analytical calm, what the dippers have going for them this evening are the history of the fixture and a home crowd.
In a combined team, at a stretch three of their players would get in. Their left back maybe, Salah over Stirling on current form and maybe Fermino over Gabby. Other than that, there is a big gap in quality all over the pitch, particularly at Goalkeeper and Midflield three. We should win this tie. If we avoid brain farts we should prove just how much better we are than any other English side.

Nerves are jangling already. I would suspect Liverpool will come flying out of the traps tonight with a few meaty challenges going in early doors. This is where Pep will have drilled into the players the need to control the game, keep possession, keep calm and play how we have played for the majority of this season. We have a team riding high on confidence, international footballers whom have played in the most hostile environments in Italy, Argentina, Brazil, Spain and indeed across the globe. These boys aren't going to shrink on tonight's stage, they are going to pump their chests out and show the footballing world how far we have come as a team and as a Club. With our history it's embedded in our genes to worry, we are bound to be nervous, thinking the worst is going to happen but this is our time, here and now with our fantastic team, the likes of Silva, Sane, Vinny, Nico, Jesus and Fernandinho are not going to let this opportunity go by without a real fight. A win tonight, a win on Saturday and a win on Tuesday. Come on you Blue boys.

No we will win . Am going, about time I see us win at klanfield. I want this team to play lovely poetic football and for those fuckers to skulk out of the ground at the end with their massive banners under their arm.

In a european tie, the shoulder barge by Firmino in Stones back gets given as a foul.

Weirdly confident for tonight, mainly because el Mago is playing.

Jeez mate, it’s like you are desperately trying to convince yourself we have no chance, can’t believe you think they will have greater intensity and be more mentally prepared than we will, lol.

Of course we have a chance, don't be daft. I just think Liverpool will be all over us like annoying wasps, as usual. And it's not only about how mentally prepared you are, you can be as prepared as you like, but that doesn't mean your subconscious doesn't come into play. They NEED to win this game, and we don't and I think that gives them a big mental advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.