Little-known facts

It takes about 15 miles for a fully laden oil tanker to stop when travelling at normal speed due to the momentum it builds.

Yep, would love to see it, especially if it's during the summer. Always have a great view of Orion from my back garden.

Snap. It’s totally dark here at night. Plus, I’m a stingy bastard and don’t believe in burning outside lights. If it’s the right time, Orion is as clear as a shiny new bell. As is the Milky Way.

Sir Ray Davies (The Kinks) older sister bought him his first guitar on his 14th birthday then died later that evening whilst dancing at the local palladium. A sad story which is partly told in their 1983 hit, Come Dancing. God Bless his sister..imagine a world without Waterloo sunset, Autumn Almanac or Lola etc?? Neither can I.

how did she die ?

What's new pussy cat, by Tom Jones is the only song in the Guinness book of hit singles that finishes with the word nose.

Snap. It’s totally dark here at night. Plus, I’m a stingy bastard and don’t believe in burning outside lights. If it’s the right time, Orion is as clear as a shiny new bell. As is the Milky Way.

I'm glad this fact prompted a little discussion on my favourite orange star (that isn't Ginger Kev). I hope to see its supernova one day too.

It takes about 15 miles for a fully laden oil tanker to stop when travelling at normal speed due to the momentum it builds.

I once read, and I don't know if this is true, that the world's largest oil tanker when pulling into a port in America has to start slowing not far off the coast of Africa.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.