London murders

Have you seen how many people have died this year alone, ridiculous.

It's not even specific ages or anything you have old men kids women trans.

So much gang related music about now on youtube and everyone wants to be a roadman it's getting silly.

I don't even know how the police can prevent it at the moment, they would have to bring in new stop and search initiatives but that could just anger people even more.
Just mentioned it on the news here, 47 murders in 3 months in London

There' s theory that approx 20 years after the removal of lead from petrol there is a significant reduction in violent crime in cities which is what was responsible for the New York stats and that you can track similar effects all round the globe
So your saying people in London are sniffing leaded petrol ;)

So your saying people in London are sniffing leaded petrol ;)
No. Sorry. I was commenting on New York figures.
London seems to be a breakdown of some parts of its society for which I don't have an answer. Seems kids in particular are more worried about gang violence impacting upon them as they travel around than they are of being done for carrying a knife for " self defence.

There's deeply unfortunate exceptions but the majority of it is gang v gang. It was always a big issue in South East London with wannabe Yardies. London was home for ten years and I only ever witnessed one incident myself which was at Bethnal Green tube. The victim hardly looked an innocent man...

I lived in deeply unfashionable Newham and you could walk home from Kebabish on the Barking Road at 1am without seeing anyone. Even the roads were quiet.

Don't think London's murder rate is anything to worry about tbf, don't have the figures but I'd put money on Dublin's being far worse per capita over the last few years.

Had never heard of this website before, but thought it provides an interesting theory and explanation on the latest violence.

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsit...-about-londons-murder-rate/21268#.WsS621ApB-E

One little paragraph of that really struck a chord with me, I have done this sort of thing in the past, only rarely but I never even thought twice about it at the time, maybe I'll be more hesitant if and when I next encounter a bunch of yoof acting up and making things uncomfortable for people around them, I hope I'll still have the bottle to do or say what needs saying, can't stand the thought of ignoring it. At least I don't really use McDonalds, I send the wife in, so there's a blessing.

"On the one side, there has been a profound withering of authority, of moral conviction, among adults, who consequently see young people, Nike uniforms on, hoods up, not as teens to be engaged with but as threats to be avoided. And little wonder. Engagement in the absence of an almost unconscious sense of one’s authority, even the sense that it would be possible to tell a group of 14-year-olds to stop being obnoxious in a local McDonald’s, becomes difficult, fraught, and, if undertaken, an act of low-level heroism."

Ye but didn’t Gulliane employ another 20,000 police as well? I’m sure if we did that it would help.

I think one of the main issues here is the hiring of PCSOs, which are essentially civilians with a radio and a hi-vis jacket. I figured when taking starting salaries into account, for every 10 PCSOs hired, you could hire 7 actual coppers with actual powers of arrest. Granted I've not included training or outfitting costs here, but even so, does anyone ever feel any safer when you see PCSOs patrolling? I certainly don't.

I have been following this for the last couple of days and listened to all sorts of theories from all sorts of people,
some demanding more Stop and Search, others claiming that would cause friction in some sections of society.

No one will stick their head above the parapet and tell it like it is, (and we all know the problem) so until the softly softly political correct liberals are prepared to admit
they have been wrong in their powder puff ideology, Nothing will improve.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.