Liverpool (a) - CL Quarter Final pre-match thread

Liverpool v City CL prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thoughtlessly switched my shift with a Liverpool fan, so I’ll be missing tonight’s game. :(

We need to find a way in which to contain Salah or I fear we will have to overturn at least a 2 goal deficit going into the second leg.

I would like to see Laporte and Jesus starting, with Sterling being used as an impact sub. He tends to get stage fright at Anfield.

I just hope they relax and play the wonderful, beautiful, mesmerising football they are capable of. With they eyes of the world on us show them how good we are.

Last week if you'd have asked me I'd have left Sterling out after his previous poor performances there. But looking at him for England and Everton game think it's time he finally shuts them up and a starring performance tonight would be fantastic. Think pep will play him a bit more central tonight which may help him and city.

Yeah, I think he will start and play centrally too. He struggles out wide against Liverpool at Anfield, not sure if it's the proximity to the crowd (who are invariably baying for his blood) or just that his opposing full back is always well up for it (Flanagan, Milner, Robertson etc). I think if he plays centrally he can have a greater impact on the game, and it's tough to leave him out on current form. Michael Cox did a decent piece about it today:

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/uefa...ns-league-could-be-decided-by-raheem-sterling

If Can fails his fitness test Liverpool will be seriously outgunned in front of their defence.

I thoughtlessly switched my shift with a Liverpool fan, so I’ll be missing tonight’s game. :(

We need to find a way in which to contain Salah or I fear we will have to overturn at least a 2 goal deficit going into the second leg.

I would like to see Laporte and Jesus starting, with Sterling being used as an impact sub. He tends to get stage fright at Anfield.
Laporte has looked out of his depth recently, I wouldn't play him, gotta be Delph, Vinnie Otto Walker at the back if all fit... I would 100% play Sterling, he will score tonight and shove this klanfield stage fright, right up their fuckin arses .... He's ready and he will have an impact tonight for certain...

It worries me that whilst we have the better players, better manager, better team, have finished ahead of them for last 10 years they have the history, they have far better fans than us all of whom have been outside the ground since last Thursday, even their chips are 20p cheaper than ours. Just don't see how our players will cope against a forward line of Dalglish, Rush and Keegan ably supported by Toshack, Souness and Gerrard. Only thing we will lose tonight is our wallets if we don't put them in a zip pocket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.