Liverpool v City 1st leg CL Qtr Final post match

. . . . . . told to not let Salah touch the ball . . . . . . . . . It was the height of arrogance to try to play the same way we always play, . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . Is Pep too good for this? . . . . . . .

. . . . . . we have too many small, weak in the challenge, creative players who are easily overrun by a strong, determined opponent. . . . . . . . . . how much trouble we had early doors against chancers who were willing to give all 100% .. it will be an indictment of our inability to address the real challenge in front of us.. . . . . . Pep will have learned a valuable lesson.

Learn the lesson, Pep, because it has been staring you in the face...and tonight it gave you a good slap.

Smack on the money, CB. What is galling about last night is the fact that Klippity is the one who still feels that he can learn. After the first half drubbing in the league game it's not expecting too much to address that issue in the away leg of a two legger! I think that Pep has supreme confidence in his ability but when you get a repetition of an event, it begs the question whether anything was taken on board to make sure history couldn't repeat itself!

I watched the game in Thailand and whatever station was on Martin 'fuckin' Tyler did the commentary. Described the Liverpool reception of our coach as ' over boisterous '. WTF talk about not wanting to upset the foreign dipper hordes

Martin Tyler was a disgrace on commentary. Gleefull is how I would describe it. He even had a little aside that there are some things you just can’t buy. Wanted to punch the screen.

I’m with you there mate, my head was pounding last night took me ages t9 get off and I’m up already, god I hate football at times, I’ll be in a bad mood until Saturday now, I just hope we stuff those rag bastards.
I just flew cross country on a beautiful, calm starry night and all I could think of was the fucking game, and here I am at 1:40 am trying to make sense of it!

I’d say “Typical City!” but I feel like saying Typical Pep! I understand he has a very specific approach to football, but without the best players in the world in every position in the park, it is the height of arrogance to generally disregard the oppositions strength (attack) and throw a lanky left footed lad in at LB who has played one game in over a month and put him up against the current best player in the league, who is scoring for fun, and is a left footer on the right and thus coming inside at every opportunity! It was screaming “Danilo!” all day every day.

Martin Tyler was a disgrace on commentary. Gleefull is how I would describe it. He even had a little aside that there are some things you just can’t buy. Wanted to punch the screen.
Some of the comments bordered on unprofessional.

Apart from the formation and lineup errors (if we can call them that and i think we can) I think it also showed that possession-based football is not the only way to win football matches.

I am reminded of the 7-0 mauling over two legs Bayern gave to Barca some years back. Barca were without Messi IIRC, but nevertheless Barca played their usual possession game, and Bayern ripped right through them with very fast, very direct, attacking football.

Barca lost their home leg 3-0 after losing 4-0 away. Gulp.

Lots of crowing off the Liverpool fans in work, can't blame them really as they embarrassed us.
They're still a little worried about the 2nd leg but I don't think we'll stop them scoring at our place.
I can just about handle a loss to them if we've played well but the total capitulation of last night and Pep and the players getting it completely wrong just leave me fcuking angry this morning.

It's only half-time so I hope the team haven't given up as many of the fans seem to.

It's a long-shot admittedly but we can turn this round. Strange things happen in football and when we get it right, we're much better than we showed last night. I'm really looking forward to the next two games, we'll see whether we're just very good or whether we're great.

What annoys me most is that we had chances to clear the ball for all three goals, Liverpool deserved the win no doubt but I hate the way the loose balls and richochets always seem to find one of their players - its not just this game, its every time we play at Anfield.
Without that away goal we'll probably have to score five times at home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.