Liverpool v City 1st leg CL Qtr Final post match

I was waiting for the replay, ready to vent my anger, but actually his head was offside. People tend to only look where players feet are, forgetting that your head can be offside. He was leaning forward in acceleration and was offside. The frustration is that Dakah too was offside, but that stood. The VAR result would have been 2-0

The camera shot I saw on Bein had us onside and some refs would have given us a penalty when Sterling went into the box late on.

We deserved nothing but it could have been 2-1 or 2-1 and a penalty for us making our plight a little easier.

I very much doubt we will get through especially if the officials don't give us the rub of the green at home but if Liverpool play like they did in the second half they will get slaughtered in the semi's and I suspect no matter who they play its the end of the road form them as it most likely would have been for us.

The sides left just have the experience required to do the business especially over two legs.

We will get there but now is not our time.

The problem last night was the midfield. Fernandinho was superb second half but nowhere to be seen first half. De Bruyne and Silva were very poor. Against Henserson, Milner and Ox. !!! And of course, the reffs. Penalty and available gol. Offside goal for Pool. Is just to much. I still think we will qualify but it became much more dificult.

we,ll send them packing in the second leg. Hope fans who go the match give these c**** and their Shi* fans a taste of their own medicine. I,ll play 3-5-2 and go all out.

walker kompany otemendi
Sterling Debruyne Dino Silva Sane
Jesus Aguero

or a 3-5-1-1

walker kompany otemendi
Sterling Silva Dino Debruyne Sane
D Silva
Jesus Aguero

It's often said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result, Pep v Klopp/Dippers springs to mind with that one, really don't know what he was thinking last night tbh.

A couple of early goals next Tuesday and this is ours. Definitely not over yet, though the dippers will think it is, and that wouldn't be the first time would it. City will do it.

It's often said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result, Pep v Klopp/Dippers springs to mind with that one, really don't know what he was thinking last night tbh.

It seemed very much like this, with a greater expectation that our strike force would breach their defence. In these two legged games, the emphasis has to be on not conceding, particularly in the away leg.

I don't think us scoring at least 3 is an issue, the problem from me comes when I think those wankers will score too, leaving us needing 5 which is probably a stretch.

Wasn't keen on the selection but I thought 4231 with fernandinho and gundongan and a based would suit our needs - retain possession, take the sting out, etc.

Instead we had this weird shaped 442 and literally one tactic - isolate Sane v their full back. If anyone is going to be hyped up by the crowd it's an 18 year old local lad and to be fair he played well.

What pissed me off as much as anytanyt is there was no acknowledgment that it didn't work, no plan b.

Thats without going into the lack of drive to get to loose balls and the hacked clearances. Players and coaches bottled this one. To be clear I'm a huge pep fan, doesn't mean he gets a free pass every time

Too slow and not enough going forward and our big players were nullified by bang average but hard working numpties

What is it about that ground?

Hate them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.