Liverpool v City 1st leg CL Qtr Final post match

Was feeling confident up to the match but when I was walking through Stanley Park and seen the team just had a bad feeling about it. As soon as I saw Gundogan name on the team sheet I was worried and had all right to be. Now I don't want to use him as a scape goat because I like the player and think he does and will in the future have so much to offer to the team. Unfortunately this was never a game for him and after the League performance I would have thought Pep would have learnt that. He would be perfect against the rags but definitely not last night.
Due to us not playing that right winger in Sterling or Bernardo the whole team lost its balance and it seemed as though we were playing with 10 men. It also meant we nullified all of our attacking threat you cant keep lumping 30 yard diagonal balls to Leroy hoping he is going to pull off a bit of magic. Poor team selection and set up cost us and the fluid style that we have had all season was nullified by our own tactics.
Liverpool didn't do anything different last night than they have done all year. Next week they will play like they did in the 2nd half sit back and attack on the counter. Leaves us the one and only option 3-5-2 with all out attack.

My understanding was that Stones was not on the pitch because the manager thinks he is not good enough and tbf he wasn't great back in January in the 4-3. Anyway on balance the Dippers probably had more injuries in defence and we still were unable to even warm the keepers

Not to mention they had fecking Milner Henderson and Chamberlain in midfield!!

School boy defending letting Salah come inside on his left foot accounted for 2 goals. That`s poor from the coaching staff, or poor from the player if they haven`t followed instructions.

I'm hoping that karma steps in for the 2nd leg - we really need it to. It is interesting to see that Jordan Henderson is suspended for the return leg - that could be important. When people look back at the 2-3 reverse at Anfield in the 2014 'Gerard Slip' season, they overlook that Henderson was booked in injury time for a late, needless foul on Silva - in all the hubbub of that defeat this hardly got a mention, but he missed the next three games during which the advantage came back to us. Maybe fate will step in and give us a hand (which against Liverpool is long overdue). The more I think about it, given how bad last night was, its a good thing we kept it to three goals. Plenty to do but it can be done.

It's only half time in the tie & you lot are more than capable of banging 4 past us at your gaff.
Difficult to stomach some of the bs some of you have directed at Pep & the team and I'm a red!
Your main problem last night wasn't Sane or Laporte..it was your right side & Walker exposed too easily.
Here's to an enthralling 2nd leg & if you guys do manage to pull a rabbit out the bag i will still wish you well winning the tournament.
Hope you smash Utd at the weekend.
Already apologised on their behalf & I'll say it again,sorry for seeing the dumb fks who targeted your team bus last night,they have no place in football at all.

Anyone got a clip of the penalty sterling was asking for in the second half - BT didn't appear to show a reply although at the time I was convinced the left back handled the ball

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.