Coffee

I almost bought a nespresso machine last weekend, and then I thought I should check the price of the pods.
I think it's cheaper for me to buy a coffee from Tim Hortons on the way to work for $1.75. To bad because I was liking what I saw.

If you can nip to CAU in Wilmslow thier double expresso is as good as I've had in England, I'm fucked if I know what they charge though, for instant what ever's on offer, strength 5 nescafe blend 37 isn't bad.
Edit always puthe 2 spoons in to give you the hit.

You can always just brew fresh coffee in the cup.

Put the grinds in the cup, add just off boiling water, then most important let it sit for 5 minutes DONT TOUCH IT, the coffee will all be floating at the top. Then very gently stir and you'll find all the grinds will settle at the bottom, and you have coffee.

Tassimo ..It's Japanese for delightful.Had ours for years and the pods are value if bought direct.
Favourite remains Costa Americana as a big morning hitter Suchard hot chocolate before bed and L'OR XL Classique for those au contraire moments of sophistication.

I just don't get all these open air poncy coffee sellers that seem to be springing up in town centres.
Whack a few poxy patio chairs n tables with some brollies outside and knobheads will sit with their double decaf late whatevers.
We are not Italians. We are not Americans.
We are English. Now get the fuck in a pub and drink alcohol!

You can always just brew fresh coffee in the cup.

Put the grinds in the cup, add just off boiling water, then most important let it sit for 5 minutes DONT TOUCH IT, the coffee will all be floating at the top. Then very gently stir and you'll find all the grinds will settle at the bottom, and you have coffee.

The issue with this is that the grinds are soaked in hot water for several minutes.
When hot water is in contact with coffee grounds for too long, it causes bitter chemicals (such as quinic acid and furfuryl alcohol) that you don't want in the coffee to dissolve into the water and these ruin the taste of the coffee

The issue with this is that the grinds are soaked in hot water for several minutes.
When hot water is in contact with coffee grounds for too long, it causes bitter chemicals (such as quinic acid and furfuryl alcohol) that you don't want in the coffee to dissolve into the water and these ruin the taste of the coffee
No it's not perfect, but it still beats the hell out of instant coffee.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.