Gabriel Jesus - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see the superstar in the making that others do. He just doesn't do enough for me. When he's on form, he's good, that's about it and I rarely feel like he can pull a goal from nothing. Should have had the late one last night, if the linesman wasn't on the take.
Have to agree, I don’t see it yet either. He just looks like a raw kid, a bit like Iheanacho... who probably had a better strike rate than Jesus. Still feel we need a world class winger/forward in the summer as Jesus looks a few years off being able to be the main man when Aguero leaves.

Have to agree, I don’t see it yet either. He just looks like a raw kid, a bit like Iheanacho... who probably had a better strike rate than Jesus. Still feel we need a world class winger/forward in the summer as Jesus looks a few years off being able to be the main man when Aguero leaves.

Agree. Besides the tap ins from great assists from KDB and Silva etc, I don't see a top, world class striker in him.

I think that Jesus fits our system - but as other posters have mentioned, I'm not sure he's best at striker.

Around the last world cup timeframe - didn't Jesus claim that he didn't enjoy being central striker and that he much preferred winger? I tend to think that Jesus would be better as a winger especially if he's mentally predisposed towards that position.

Last edited:
Might be an overreaction considering the game just ended but he's dreadful at the moment. Really really bad.

I admire his work rate but I don’t see a great difference in quality between him and Iheanacho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.