16 Points - Sense of Perspective

Strangely, I was less edgy before this derby and more pragmatic after losing it than previous ones. As an earlier poster said, we’re 13 clear. The worst parts looking back are the fact we were up in it first and should have been 5 at HT and the glaringly bad reffing. We can go through Tues but I don’t think we will but, if we do, y’day will soon be a distant memory. The problem we’re all having is the height Pep and the team have set the bar this year. Go back to last August. A title romp and domestic cup on offer! We’d have snapped their hands off to a man. If you feel down today then just think about Stoke away May 98. If that doesn’t work, the silver lining from y’days cloud is the help it’s given to the ‘save our PEG’ campaign!

Pep denied us a once in a lifetime chance to humiliate the cnuts. He doesn't get what that would have meant to us He can shove his champions league up his hole.
I totally blame pep for yesterday.
But I LOVE him for the other 40 odd games that we have been truly AMAZING this season.
Liverpool will score Tuesday therefore it's a bridge to far.
But come on CITY
We're the PRIDE OF MANCHESTER
C.T.I.D.

Pep denied us a once in a lifetime chance to humiliate the cnuts. He doesn't get what that would have meant to us He can shove his champions league up his hole.
We were 2-0 up in the first half. Sterling missed like 3 chances. Include that penalty and it's 6-0 already. Then the defence went to shit in the box on set-piece/dead-ball situations and we conceded 3 shitty goals. Even then, we created enough to win the match but couldn't finish the chances. What the fuck does the loss have anything to do with Pep? We're shit in both the boxes, something that is not exactly part of the coaching routine. As far as the tactics go, we completely dominated them and created enough to win. That more than justifies the team selection. The defeat lies on the players shoulders. Get over it you baby.

Lot of talk of ‘player mentality’ on the forum this week following 2 defeats.

A vast number of you should be concentrating on your own mentality.

We’ve had a phenomenal season and been served football of the very highest quality.

A couple of blips (which happen to every team) and a lot of you are acting like we’ve gone into admInistration.

‘Mentality’.

Strangely, I was less edgy before this derby and more pragmatic after losing it than previous ones. As an earlier poster said, we’re 13 clear. The worst parts looking back are the fact we were up in it first and should have been 5 at HT and the glaringly bad reffing. We can go through Tues but I don’t think we will but, if we do, y’day will soon be a distant memory. The problem we’re all having is the height Pep and the team have set the bar this year. Go back to last August. A title romp and domestic cup on offer! We’d have snapped their hands off to a man. If you feel down today then just think about Stoke away May 98. If that doesn’t work, the silver lining from y’days cloud is the help it’s given to the ‘save our PEG’ campaign!

I agree with all you say. The last point is especially pertinent. I don't fear United at all. They got lucky yesterday. Their football is poor. If it keeps PEG in the job longer we'll benefit in the long run.

...and then fielded a weakened team when it mattered.
We lost the game because of loose balls in the box and set piece situations. The players responsible for the 3 goals were Otamendi, Dinho and Kompany - our two first choice center backs and the preferred DM. With the "weakened" attack, we created 9 clear cut chances, but couldn't finish them - this included mishits from Silva, Gundo, Sterling and Kun. What the fuck does the result have anything to do with the team selection? Are you guys just incapable of looking at this rationally? 1 bad game and we're already worse than Arsenal fans who've had to suffer because of Wenger for years. What a sorry excuse of a supporter.

We were 2-0 up in the first half. Sterling missed like 3 chances. Include that penalty and it's 6-0 already. Then the defence went to shit in the box on set-piece/dead-ball situations and we conceded 3 shitty goals. Even then, we created enough to win the match but couldn't finish the chances. What the fuck does the loss have anything to do with Pep? We're shit in both the boxes, something that is not exactly part of the coaching routine. As far as the tactics go, we completely dominated them and created enough to win. That more than justifies the team selection. The defeat lies on the players shoulders. Get over it you baby.
Are you serious. Had we played a striker the game would have been out of sight at half time. Is it not the managers job to actually coach the team on how not to throw away a 2-0 lead at home in a derby? Fucked over by 2 of the 3 teams I hate most in 3 days, the third if those teams awaits next Saturday. I'll get over it when I'm good and ready.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.