Liverpool (h) CL QF pre-match thread

Liverpool (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute bollocks he even said that he knows what it means in his press conference. And you wouldn’t be saying all that had sterling buried at least one or two of the multiple chances he had.
Pep f-cked up yesterday and Tuesday is a bridge too far cause liverpool will score.
But come on city Pep has got the other 40 odd games right.
C.T.I.D

Let us pray that Klopp tells his players to sit back. If we repeat our Derby first half performance but with Aguero in the striking role, we might just accomplish the miracle needed.
No we want the dippers to come at us, we have to defend better, this way they will play there usual game and tire themselves out on 60 mins, giving us the chance to score 2/3 last half an hour, but the onous is on us to defend for 95 mins and not concede, that's the only way we will go through imo.

Let us pray that Klopp tells his players to sit back. If we repeat our Derby first half performance but with Aguero in the striking role, we might just accomplish the miracle needed.
Rags didn’t sit back, they tried to press. We need Liverpool to come out all guns blazing otherwise we have no chance. We need to not defend like amateurs. Our team WANTS the opposition to come forward. That’s the goal.

The players will have to respond now because mentally they have switched off in 2 games back to back. Honestly at half time yesterday after the performance we put in, i reckon any liverpool fans watching that would have been worried. But in that second half they would have been rubbing their hands because the players failed to nullify the game for a 15 minute spell to take the wind out the opposition and instead leaked 3 goals again.

This is what we seem to be lacking when the opposition is going forward. It is not about sitting deep or getting everyone behind the ball, but about gaining control of the ball, staying calm and focused and slowing the game down for a period of the match so that it stops the opposition building momentum.

What this week has done is actually highlight the weakness in our team - unfortunately this seems to be our so called dip in form period even the missed chances were reminiscent of last season - being hypothetical here, had the results against liverpool and yersterday gone for us, this flaw would have been highlighted against Barca/Real or Bayern

It is something that Pep will be annoyed about and you can bet he will be laying into the players about this weakness and trying to see why it has happened. What is out of his hands is the implementation of it during the game because that is down to the players to handle it

Big game Tuesday now, but we should focus on that first half yesterday. If we replicate that over the whole 90 minutes but also be prepared to slow the game down at times to frustrate the liverpool attack when they have a spell of game, we have every opportunity to get the 3 goals to at least go into extra time.

It is April, and it is only know that these questions are being asked of us, which highlights how brilliant we have been this season.

Couldn’t be less arsed about a game of football

Lost faith in the team as they’ve made me think they can’t do it because they haven’t got the mustard.

This is the time we really see how good this city team is. How do they play in the face of adversity? What leaders will emerge? Cmon City.

Candlepool will inevitably score, Klipperty knows all they have to do is go forward and our defence will gift them chances to score which they will take, unlike us.
Sterling should be playing to attempt to redeem himself for the shocking misses v the rags.
I can’t see us getting a result in this game. Sad but being realistic. No way are the dippers going to give up a 3-0 lead, they’ll look at our performance v rags and probably can’t wait.

Couldn’t be less arsed about a game of football

Lost faith in the team as they’ve made me think they can’t do it because they haven’t got the mustard.
Put your dummy back in and get behind your team.we are all hurting.ill be there tuesday singing my heart out hoping for a miracle.think back to the old 3rd division i loved it some of todays fans think we have a divine right to win every game 5-0 and win every trophy.We are starting to sound like utd fans counting trophys and games by scorelines.im a city fan and will watch them no matter how good or bad we are because its in my blood.look at how far we have come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.