Liverpool (h) CL QF pre-match thread

Liverpool (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it was a huge game.

Be honest what would you celebrate more, winning the title away to West Ham or yesterday against the rags?

The latter. But I don’t think it’s too hard to understand why Pep has seemingly placed greater importance on the second leg of a Champions’ League Quarter Final. I know it’s unlikely that we will progress but our dominance in the league allowed Pep to rest some players yesterday.

I still believe there has been a big overreaction to our loss last night.

We’ve just had a few bad days in what has been a magnificent season for us.

Not sure that plan worked too well at Anfield where we couldn’t get a shot on target.

I do like your version though so let’s go with that:)
Not sure that plan worked too well at Anfield where we couldn’t get a shot on target.

I do like your version though so let’s go with that:)
We need them to lose there heads ie; them attack us we score, we score when they park the bus so it's then 2-0, they then tire chasing a goal n we pick em off with 30mins to go n score another 2, making it 4-0, that would be my dream scenario, and achievable but we must take our chances.

The latter. But I don’t think it’s too hard to understand why Pep has seemingly placed greater importance on the second leg of a Champions’ League Quarter Final. I know it’s unlikely that we will progress but our dominance in the league allowed Pep to rest some players yesterday.

I still believe there has been a big overreaction to our loss last night.

We’ve just had a few bad days in what has been a magnificent season for us.

If the game against Liverpool finished closer than it actually is then yes I can see why players were rested. However the chance of going through are beyond very slim.

What seemed like it would be a magnificent season is in danger of petering out right at the end.

If the game against Liverpool finished closer than it actually is then yes I can see why players were rested. However the chance of going through are beyond very slim.

What seemed like it would be a magnificent season is in danger of petering out right at the end.

Considering the performances we’ve put in this season - including beating Liverpool 5-0 - then there is every chance we can go through on Tuesday. The season will only peter out if we allow it to - there’s still everything to play for and some people have given up.

Considering the performances we’ve put in this season - including beating Liverpool 5-0 - then there is every chance we can go through on Tuesday. The season will only peter out if we allow it to - there’s still everything to play for and people have given up.
No one has given up. I just want to see City give it everything. If we go out having done so then OK. We get this tie out of our system - which cost us the Derby - and fight for the league title

Pep's clearly throwing all his eggs in his basket for this game so I expect us to go through
Surely that should read hope. Pep is the coach. He is obliged to maximise our chances in the Champions League even if it goes from 5% to 10%. The league is still alive. So is th Champions League - just.

If we can do what we did in the first half yesterday, and have Sergio there to finish, we can do it - no Henderson and a much weaker defence
Crowd need to be on it - the first half yesterday was incredible noise - help push for 2 early goals

If we can do what we did in the first half yesterday, and have Sergio there to finish, we can do it - no Henderson and a much weaker defence
Crowd need to be on it - the first half yesterday was incredible noise - help push for 2 early goals
I'm thinking if Aguero is fit we will go with Aguero, Jesus and Sane.

The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that we will score 1st and then boom

No one has given up. I just want to see City give it everything. If we go out having done so then OK. We get this tie out of our system - which cost us the Derby - and fight for the league title

There are plenty of people who have given up judging by comments on here since yesterday.
The atmosphere was fantastic yesterday - family stand was rocking - and it would be a real shame if that didn’t go up another level on Tuesday.

That is the game that matters most - and if people are bringing local rivalry/bragging rights into it then deep down united fans will be dreading Tuesday more than yesterday. They know the league has gone but they desperately, desperately don’t want us to win the champions league.

Tuesday is our chance to fuck Liverpool and united over in one go. We need to make the stadium as intense as possible because this city team is capable of smashing any team by 3,4,5 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.