Liverpool (h) CL QF pre-match thread

Liverpool (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems you already prepare your go at Pep in case City go out...

Pep only changed the team on 4 positions as far as I know: Danilo for Walker, Delph for Laporte, Bernardo and Raz for KDB and Jesus.

Many were afraid Pep might rotate out the likes of Komps, Silva, Sané, Dinho or Ota as well. He didn't.
"clearly throwing all his eggs in his basket" is in fact nonsense. You know it mate.
Pep did find a mix that was well able to fight for a derby win and was fantastic 1st half.
The 2nd half is a different story and has nothing to do with lineup, but attitude and maybe missing coolness/cleverness.

---

Pep and the team had to swallow 2 painful defeats. Confidence might be in question for some players.

We only go to the semis if we believe in the miracle.
The players have to believe and the crowd have to show their belief as well in the way they support. It will be loud after the 1st leg for sure.

As I said player's confidence is not the best. Clean sheet seems impossible.
That exactly is City's chance.
Pep needs to take away the pressure of failing and let them do what they did so often over this season.

Speaking for myself I have seen too many football matches to know that the ride isn't over.
Believe and do the unbelievalable.

Really? We played with no strikers and our best player this season was on the bench. I agree with the rest though. The players thought the game was dead and buried at half time and it came back to haunt us in the end.
But like I said, he's thrown all his eggs in his basket for this match coming up. Even in his pre match conference prior to the United game, he indicated that this game was more important.
Personally I can't see us going through and if we end up getting knockout then Pep definitely deserves to get the blame for that shambolic performance last Wednesday and yesterday's decision making.
If we somehow manage to go through then all is forgiven.

Psychologically it is going to be very difficult to raise the level required to overcome a 3 nil deficit after the derby defeat. There must be some nagging doubts in certain players minds after two consecutive defeats.. imo

just need to get bk to winning ways even if we do go out,go out with a win at least.we've done brilliantly all season now we've got a shit patch just win move on and get this fucking league won

Yeah let's behave like a little club in Manchester. Time for a nappy change.
"Should have won". He took a gamble and lost. For some of us, it wasn't an acceptable gamble. If he wins, he take the credit. If not, he takes the criticism.

Re slagging off, you tell me. You seem to be quite knowledgeable on the subject. FWIW, I wasn't happy before KO at having no strikers. Furthermore, I judge a match over 90 minutes. The "First Half of a Derby Cup" doesn't do much for me.

To give perspective, I think Pep's done a marvellous job this season and treated us to fabulous football. But he's fallible, self-centred and didn't give due respect to City fans on this occasion. If we disagree, I can live with that. And so can Pep, no doubt.
Eloquent and to the point I like that

new set of officials for this game, all from Spain, let's see if they can spot a penalty and a offside when they happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.