Stewards at the derby.

bluebanjo

I sit in row B to the left of the home dugout. A lot of the time yesterday the stewards insisted on standing, blocking our view of the match. As a consequence we all refused to sit down till they sat down. They told us they couldn't sit down until told to do so by the match controller . So we spent most of the game standing.

Some woman say behind me got pelted by a quid from the United fans, I told a showsec steward in front of me and he just looked at me and said "What you want me to do about it?" Just stand there like a clueless **** mate.

I think both showsec stewards in front of me were united fans anyway, because they were smiling when Pogba equalised, which caused even more aggro near me.... showsec are fucking terrible at their jobs, always have been.

There’s a regular steward near us in the east stand who is an absolutely lovely fella. Always friendly and welcoming, and asks us how we are and has a chat. Gave us a sympathetic hug yesterday. Bless him. If there was a steward of the year he’d win no problem.

Showsec are the worst. I have put a formal complaint about them a few months ago and got the impression that city were dealing with it !!! Man city staff have been brilliant over the years, always giving the best service required with a child with a disability but showsec are from a different planet. Rude and don't give any impression they have any idea what customer service could possibly mean. Hopefully something can change next season. My brother, a season ticket holder for 20 odd years gave up his season ticket last year because he felt he was treated like a idiot and not a loyal fan.

Last edited:
The MCFC steward in SOUTH STAND LEVEL 2 BLOCK 211 is a credit to both himself and to man city.
C.T.I.D

The ones I have the most experience of seeing in both SS1 & SS3 are in the whole not fit for purpose either little Hittlers or totally ineffective. I understand that could be due to the areas I'm in.

Ones outside are just robbing a wage.

There's not really any other option, pay peanuts etc and we're not going to get our own City security. A bit like the bars, just have to put up with it.

I got the slowest ever searcher on the way in. The steward next to him was doing three to his one. Imagine some whiny voiced shithouse with a face like a slapped arse.

Showsec stewards are generally very bad. They've no people skills. I imagine it's U****d fans doing it to piss us off as much as they can.

Good

There’s a better atmosphere when everyone is stood up

lucky in 115 area lower SS, stewards are fantastic. Part of going to the game is meet up with mates, watch footy, chat to the stewards.

Most be awful for the fans who get all this showsec hassle, its easy to get on than keep falling out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.