Ref for the derby

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
sat in 105 the ball went out of play of a rag and was an obvious throw in to us be linesman gave it to them
the crowd and players went mad screaming at the lino but he stuck to his decision
the resulting throw in then went straight out of play of one of ours.
which he then hilariously gave to us to make up for his incompetance

The lino is just as culpable.

Didn't see the handball in the first half; didn't give the Young pen/sending off; gave them a throw in front of us in the East Stand, which Bernardo was aghast about. Then literally 10 seconds later, guessed and evened it up when it should've been the other way.

Think he gave another ludicrous decision around the pen as well in the first half, over the other side near the corner flag.

What's his participation in recent City games, anyone know?

*EDIT* Just seen message above with same comment about the throw in

I think many people tended to not notice because they were caught up in us being 2-0 up and playing well, I'm sure if they watched the whole match back, they'd see from very early on how he manipulated the game, united fans I know are generally pretty much ok and pretty fair minded, for them to say you'd think Atkinson was a united from that performance speaks absolute volumes.
I did exactly that and it was obvious. Until we scored the bias was ridiculous. Then the game flowed and it was ok until the Rags got the second and the bias - for the most part soft fouls against us started again. I counted 9 soft fouls to nil + the two penalty not given + some nice closing down of passing lanes. It wasn't even subtle

I know we kind of say that with tongue in cheek Dave, there is/was obviously a time limit before they just had no option but to blow up for full time, but that particular one, down to the second of trying to justify it, smelly fish.

There are very few aspects of the game that couldn't be improved as much as this business of added time, minimum or otherwise. Does anyone really know for what reason time during the game is added on. There is some vague explanation by PiGMoL that it's goal scoring, injuries, substitutions but there never seems to be any correlation with what we've seen and the time added on. Football fans can be paranoid at the drop of a Whistling Wanker's whistle but it is the least transparent aspect of the whole ninety minutes. And where there is clear time wasting when the ball is out of play is that added on. The whole business of added time smells like a fish dock!

I know our defending was suspect in the SH, but if you analyse Atkinson's positioning, he did get in the way of our runners on more than one occasion, blocking off both attacking and defending players. He gets in the way and the play slows down, which allows them to get back in shape. It is one of the subtle, dark arts of the referee, and rarely gets noticed. However, if you watch a game back, and analyse it purely from a refereeing perspective, you can see these kind of patterns emerge.
Been happening all season, I mentioned it a while ago (month or two) in another thread, it looks deliberate to me, or they are just useless.

So Gallagher says it's a pen but not a Red card because he touched the ball? He's over the top of the ball studs raised out of control and takes Aguero out RED CARD just like Ali, Kane, and many more Joke officials.
He is the only ex ref to say this so far ,all others have come out and said definite red but then they don’t take the sky shilling like he does .

So Gallagher says it's a pen but not a Red card because he touched the ball? He's over the top of the ball studs raised out of control and takes Aguero out RED CARD just like Ali, Kane, and many more Joke officials.
Read what Keith Hackett said, quoted by someone earlier in the thread. He said the referees have had very clear guidelines this season, and a two-footed lunge is minimum yellow card for dangerous play, if the player only contacts the ball and not his opponent. If the player making such a lunge makes contact with the opponent, regardless of whether or not he touches the ball, it should be a straight red card. Gallagher needs to acquaint himself with the latest interpretation of the laws.

Given the directives, Atkinson obviously must not have had a clear view of the incident,so we should soon expect to hear about retrospective punishment and a three match ban for Young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.