United (H) Post Match Thread

Reading that sportbible link , and you see how much the media twist stuff ! Trying too make it look/sound like Ferguson covered it up , when in reality he didn't bother removing (holding it up) the white sheet. Or is he really the petty , that he would take something to cover up a badge !

I was surprised to see a starting line-up without either Jesus or Aguero featuring.
However, we played very well in the first half and should have gone into the dressing room at least 3 goals up.
Just prior to half time we changed the tempo of our play, whether to rest legs, or simply because Pep mistakenly saw a 2 goal lead as unassailable.
In the 2nd half Pogbad got lucky, then when it became necessary to increase our tempo, we seemed to be unable to do it and Pogbad struck again for the equaliser.
At that point de Bruyne and either Jesus or Sergio should have entered the fray.
Once the rags had levelled they were seeming to have settled for that and couldn't believe their luck when they got a third goal.
Then came the changes - too little, too late but if the ref had done his job we would have probably got an equaliser from a definite penalty for the bad two footed lunge at Aguero.
The rags resorted to full blown gamesmanship too. Their players feigning injury, making substitutions of the player furthest away from the tunnel etc.
I would say that changing our rhythm of play was a big mistake by us and we got a bit complacent to boot.
The subs were made too late for us to regain the control we had in the first half and as for the major bottle job by Atkinson, I hope that the F.A.will take a look at that incident.

Guardiola learning the hard way not take the premier league lightly, at our expense. We, the fans would have 'Loved it' to win the league against them lot, sadly the club didn't feel the samge say. The chances that Sterling missed would have been put away if we had a striker ON THE PITCH and not o n the bench. Why not get the goals early doors and then rest players? Same old, same old.

Martin Samuels article on the mail website sums up the lost opportunity for me.
While the result was a kick in the nuts, I'm not gonna lose any sleep over not wrapping up the Prem against Manure, especially with so many changes. Don't get all hung up about something that matters little in this colossal Prem season !!!!!

Guardiola learning the hard way not take the premier league lightly, at our expense. We, the fans would have 'Loved it' to win the league against them lot, sadly the club didn't feel the samge say. The chances that Sterling missed would have been put away if we had a striker ON THE PITCH and not o n the bench. Why not get the goals early doors and then rest players? Same old, same old.
That's why Pep's a coach (the best) and the rest of us have normal jobs (probably) - but believing we're all experts on City formations, tactics and player psychology. We fans are largely excitable characters whereas Pep wasn't hired to make decisions that all fans will agree with. He's here to make calculated decisions and trust his own judgement. Pep sees the players in training and makes educated choices.

Once the players step on the pitch, Pep can't put the ball in the net. Manure took the field with two CBs and no striker to mark - genius. Pep put in place a system that resulted in twenty attempts and some clear cut chances. Those chances fall to Sergio, Kevin and Yaya (in his prime) and one almost certainly goes in and the other one probably goes in. Game over. Good overall performance by Raheem (apart from about five seconds of the match), but let down by his finishing and even prevents Ota's goal-bound shot going in.

Completely agree Tolmie. However, I also think the Old Nico has returned after the international week. He's been very poor in the key games also. How can we allow players to just stroll into key areas without noticing the danger and picking them up? Id give Stones and Laporte the Centre back rolls on Tuesday.

I have to agree about nico, since Spain gave him the run around it looks like his heads gone and he’s reverted to his old form which is a worry. I’m still not sure stones has gotten it together since the error prone performances he’s chipped in with since returning from injury. And I don’t think he’s strong enough he gets pushed aside too easily, nico has an element of this too it does me head in when he feels some
Contact and stops waiting for the whistle to blow instead of staying strong. I think it’ll be Vinnie and Nico on Tuesday, I’d be inclined to give Vinnie and Laporte a go. Too big a game to throw stones back in I feel

While the result was a kick in the nuts, I'm not gonna lose any sleep over not wrapping up the Prem against Manure, especially with so many changes. Don't get all hung up about something that matters little in this colossal Prem season !!!!!

I think this result may actually do us some good. We will still win the league, but this past week has made Pep introspect a bit about team selection and our gameplans - and when he thinks things over, he generally finds the result. I am also almost certain we will buy one or two strong defensive midfielders and that will allow us to play two in the centre in tough away games like last week. Our victory at Sevilla back in 2015 is a good example of how this can work very well.

We looked knackered in the second half I think that was down to the game on Wednesday. The thing that upsets me the most is leaving Walker KDB and Kun on the bench

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.