Etihad atmosphere

i dont think it will be tonight and tbh thats an excuse. anfield the other week had way more tourists then we've ever had and it was really loud....the vast majority of the ground will be proper city fans. if we actually get up and sing it will be loud.

Re Anfield it’s easy to be loud when you’re quickly 3-0 up in the biggest game of your season because the opposition have bottled it and capitulated.

You’re probably right about less tourists than usual tonight but I keep repeating the unpalatable truth that we don’t have that many season ticket holders who want to sing anymore. Any number of creative initiatives can be suggested by the 1894s and their ilk but they won’t work until the cohort changes

Re Anfield it’s easy to be loud when you’re quickly 3-0 up in the biggest game of your season because the opposition have bottled it and capitulated.

You’re probably right about less tourists than usual tonight but I keep repeating the unpalatable truth that we don’t have that many season ticket holders who want to sing anymore. Any number of creative initiatives can be suggested by the 1894s and their ilk but they won’t work until the cohort changes

Worked on Saturday until the players decided to go AWOL for 15 minutes at the start of the 2nd half.

A early goal or two is a must.

If Liverpool score, it will kill any atmosphere.

Worked on Saturday until the players decided to go AWOL for 15 minutes at the start of the 2nd half.

Try and think positive. Hamburg. Give it a go.

Trouble was that a lot of city fans were awol at the start of the 2nd half too. Get back in the stadium, there isn't even any beer to sup tonight.

i dont think it will be tonight and tbh thats an excuse. anfield the other week had way more tourists then we've ever had and it was really loud....the vast majority of the ground will be proper city fans. if we actually get up and sing it will be loud.

A load of scousers from work have managed to get tickets in the south stand. The place will be full of tourists tonight

If at any point we go two nil up the place will be fvcking bouncing as it still can be in extreme situations

Afternoon All, I am a new member but life time City supporter. I have lived in Newcastle since the age of four but always remained a City fan, despite numerous trips to St James Park with Toon mates and occasionally to Roker Park/Stadium of Light at Sunderland. I also have a good friend who works for Liverpool so I occasionally see them play too (against City and North East teams).

This is my first ever post and I felt compelled to hunt out somewhere to share my thoughts after my recent Derby trip to the Etihad on Saturday. Hence, the reason for joining and posting on this forum. After going to the recently Wembly game against Arsenal and the Derby, I was suprised that on both occassions I was surrounded by foreign supporters. It is great to have this international appeal, but I do feel it is diluting the atmosphere at the stadium. It pains me to say this, but the support I have witnessed at St James Park, Stadium of Light and Anfield has been far better than the Etihad.

We have clearly grown significantly over recent years and with our success we have inevitably attracted new fans (some may call them glory seekers...tbh I dont care if they are or not). In doing so, I feel these fans are perhaps 'immature' as fans (for want of a better phrase), in so far as they don't yet share the understanding, passion, etc that long standing fans do. This is no fault of theirs, it is just the reality. What can we do to get these fans more engaged, or more inclined to make their voices heard when it is necessary on the terraces?

On Saturday, I felt sick to the pit of my stomach when I took my seat at half time and looked around the stadium at empty seats. The whistle blew and it felt like I was sitting in a library. Where was the roar of support, that I hear at St James Park? I knew what was going to happen, the second half started like a whimper and sadly the team did too. When the first goal against us went in, where were the screams of support? The sense of urgency? There was nothing. Me and my son yelled and screamed but the rest around us sat staring in disbelief at what was unfolfing.

I dont think we can lay the blame for the poor second half atmosphere at the feet of new fans, as there were clearly many long standing fans still not in their seats at half time. These things have got to change. We have an incredible stadium and incredible team and incredible supporters (when they turn up), but our team need that '12th man' to have their backs for every 90+ minutes that they are on the pitch.

Saturday was so painful to endure. We need to be heard tonight for the duration. I'll always be keepin the faith until that final whistle blows, lets make sure the team know we do as well!

Agueroooo!

Trouble was that a lot of city fans were awol at the start of the 2nd half too. Get back in the stadium, there isn't even any beer to sup tonight.

It's always been like that.

The difference being, City don't normally let in 3 goals right at the start of the 2nd half.

That's what killed us, not the fans staying in the concourse to finish their drinks.

If City want to keep the bars open to make money, that's their choice and fault.

We need as many people as possible to be in their seat at least 10 minutes before kick off. The place should be full and rocking for when the players come out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.