How do we get better next season?

Have a back five of Ederson Walker Stones Laporte and Mendy playing week-in-week out.

Buying someone with a physical presence in midfield who can get up and down the pitch and still pass the ball well.

Having Sané Jesus and Sterling another year older with the experiences of this season under their belts.

Buying a world class forward who can play across the front three who is a clinical finisher.

If we can consistently pick that back five and get those two signings right, I think we’ll be flying. Let’s break this English football record of four league titles in a row. Any cups along the way will be a bonus!

get stones and laporte established as our first choice centre backs. they are crucial to the way we play and bringing the ball out.

We get better by either training a CB we have or buying yet another who, as last man, is mistake-free! After the classy first half I could just see another second half going the way it did.

It could have been 3-0 at HT had we got what we deserved and if the fucking lino understood the offside Law, and that would have put the shits up Jurgen!

Buy a midfield player that is strong and can run I.e Demebele from Spurs or someone like him

Buy a striker who can score out of nothing and stick it in the bottom corner

A leader at the back to marshall the defence and a Busquets type player to steady the ship. Also a younger Spanish Dave to gently integrate into the side and a forward if we've got and change, that should gaurantee us the title.

My worry is how tired they have looked 2nd half last 2 games
Most of these will be going to the World Cup so fatigue might set in earlier next season
Win league v Swansea or West Ham them let the big guns have an extended rest

Go balls out for Harry Kane and bring in a long term successor to Fernandinho. Not sure the budge would stretch enough but another pacey winger would complete the squad.

Go balls out for Harry Kane and bring in a long term successor to Fernandinho. Not sure the budge would stretch enough but another pacey winger would complete the squad.

We will not be able to afford Kane and not sure he'd fit into a Pep side.

I think getting Sane to understand that he is very fast and stay onside can help us improve.

Have a back five of Ederson Walker Stones Laporte and Mendy playing week-in-week out.

Buying someone with a physical presence in midfield who can get up and down the pitch and still pass the ball well.

Having Sané Jesus and Sterling another year older with the experiences of this season under their belts.

Buying a world class forward who can play across the front three who is a clinical finisher.

If we can consistently pick that back five and get those two signings right, I think we’ll be flying. Let’s break this English football record of four league titles in a row. Any cups along the way will be a bonus!
Good post.

We will get better next season as the team will be more comfortable going through different formations to fit Pep tactically.

The main thing to think about is that clearly Pep has this idea about using 3 at the back as an option.

Today our front four consisted of Sane, Jesus, Bernardo, and Sterling who are 22,21,23, and 23 years old. That is an insanely young attaching line-up for the future. I want Pep to persist with tonights 3-4-3 diamond formation because it gets all 4 in the team with a 3 man midfield support behind them.

Mendy can play LWB with Sane more central in a 3-5-2, and that works fine as well. This also means when we bring Maffeo back we have Walker, Maffeo, and Danilo as RCB and RWB options. I want to see Danilo play RWB, I think he is only okay defensively but his brazilian attacking nature means he'd be better off as a wingback, Walker is a beast defensively so RCB is a great role for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.