Security in the stadium

Prestwich_Blue

Whenever I or others have criticised pre-match security for being ineffective, people have justified it by saying it prevents terrorist actions inside the ground. Yet in the last two games people have got smoke bombs/flares in. Suppose they’d have been grenades or other explosive devices?

How can anyone still justify the pathetic security we appear to have?

Whenever I or others have criticised pre-match security for being ineffective, people have justified it by saying it prevents terrorist actions inside the ground. Yet in the last two games people have got smoke bombs/flares in. Suppose they’d have been grenades or other explosive devices?

How can anyone still justify the pathetic security we appear to have?

Do those 'wands' they waft over us only pick out metal. My car keys have had to fished out of my pocket more than once, but my Fergie mints have alway got through!

Last night as I queued in CB stand 3 lads walked up and women steward said "under 18 lads go straight through"
First time I have seen under 18s not get searched ,they looked 16/17 so obviously perfectly capable of anything!

It’s not just our ground though is it? Flares and smoke bombs get into all football grounds. The searches that take place are poor though and it is a worry.

This all reminds me of the situation in the US around 9-11 I lived in Boston at the time(the departure point of two of the aircraft)and security was carried out by people on minimum wage $6 an hour back then if my memory is correct and yet the State Police handled illegal parking outside the terminals on $38 an hour. Clearly there was a much greater risk from "bad" people gaining control of planes than "bad" people double parking outside. At the end of the day the reason behind both this and what happens at City every home game, is not to be effective(in both cases they clearly aren't/weren't)but to simply be able to pass the blame and say they did all that they could. City's security won't stop grenades or other explosive devices, but if someone lets them off the club can say........... it's not our fault and going back to the US Airports they are still paying people minimum wage to check your access to a plane out and they got off without anyone challenging their efforts

Token gesture to avoid awkward questions later. Yes we know they are ineffective but it's City's defence against our blame indulgent society.

Last night as I queued in CB stand 3 lads walked up and women steward said "under 18 lads go straight through"
First time I have seen under 18s not get searched ,they looked 16/17 so obviously perfectly capable of anything!

I saw this against the rags and I was gobsmacked. The lad said he was 14 and was waved straight through. This is a massive security lapse, just give the weapons to the one not being searched, job done.

Flares have no metal in them, no detector wand will pick them up.

You either do full body searches on everybody, airport style, or have a pack of trained sniffer dogs at every entrance.

Do those 'wands' they waft over us only pick out metal. My car keys have had to fished out of my pocket more than once, but my Fergie mints have alway got through!

My keys have never been detected. I last flew in February and forgot to retrieve chewing gum from my back pocket when I got to the checkpoint. It was picked up by airport security.

I resent having to be searched by an ignorant and borderline aggressive steward with the people skills of a shaved ape. They're inconsistent too. Sometimes the bucket hat has to come off and sometimes it doesn't. No "Could you take your hat off, please?" Just "at off."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.