Liverpool (h) - CL QF post match thread

No one seems to be questioning Otamendi ! He has directly fucked up for that second goal yesterday, plus he has been exposed clearly in the last three games. He commits to tackles way too often. Making it easy for attacker to just throw a dummy to take him out of the equation. We need to play stones and laporte as much as possible next season, they both have to learn and start leading the backline. Cant rely on VK or Ota for next season as well.
Ederson does look a bit unstable at the moment.
Also it should not be seen as though our defense has become bad all of a sudden, many teams have threatened us by scoring at Etihad but eventually their quality didnt harm us. We give few chances to a top team and we cant expect to get lucky.
On the other hand pool are starting to look more stable at the back now with VVD.

Apart from a perfectly good goal disallowed, your lot being given an offside goal, and a stonewall penalty not given? gtfo.
Again, ignoring the fact you didn't have a shot on target in the first leg, it wasn't a Liverpool player reffing the game so don't take your anger out on Liverpool

I think we were unquestionably on the end of the some extremely bad decisions over the two legs, with two legitimate goals disallowed and an offside goal given for Liverpool.

That said, I don't think we can have too many complaints overall. The damage was largely done in the first leg, where we capitulated under pressure and left ourselves a mountain to climb. Disappointing to get knocked out, but Liverpool were deserved winners.

Thought we were great in the first half last night though, and it could've been a different story had we gone in 2-0 up at the break, as we rightly should have. Oh well. Winning the Premier League will soften the blow considerably.

Again, ignoring the fact you didn't have a shot on target in the first leg, it wasn't a Liverpool player reffing the game so don't take your anger out on Liverpool

You seem to be ignoring the fact we did have a shot on target, it went in the net, and it was wrongly chalked off. You also seem to be ignoring the fact that had the foul on Sterling rightfully been penalised, then I've no doubt the penalty would have been on target, and given City have scored more penalties than they've missed this season, the smart money would have been on it going in. Had the referee done his job properly, that is 2 shots on target and, more likely than not, 2 goals.

Bit undecided going on from here

One part of me would like to see the dippers humiliated

Another part of me would like to see the rags pain with us and the dippers winning the PL and CL

Wish you had ended your post there. After what they did to our coach, never want them to ever win the toss again, never mind a match

Hi level headed Liverpool supporter here, please don't hate me, I can see why you are all angry at going out, I agree with most of you that the goal should of been given last night and the referees were weak but we have all had decisions go against us in the past, just because it was on the biggest stage it looks and feels much worse, Liverpool have had stone wall pens not given in the prem all season, who knows maybe we could of been a lot closer to you in the league, you move on!! You have to look at yourselves 1st, no shots on goal in the first leg, that is your down fall not the refs
Minimum 4 Goal critical decisions over the 2 legs all of which went in your favour...
You and your clubs media allies can make out that we were played off the park for 180 mins but factually thats not the case, as usual we'll take it on the chin and hopefully put it aside and finish off the PL over the next few weeks.

You've won nothing for years, and you've won nothing yet this season.

You got lucky twice in a week in a cup game... thats it, its not the 2nd coming ffs...

Oh yeah... plus the team being subjected to a level of intimidation and abuse that went way beyond any reasonable level on the way to the ground prior to the 1st leg. The more I think about that the more sure I am that the 1st game should have been postponed.

Bottom line is this, Liverpool have so many friends in the media that we've had to put up with that kind of bullshit for years, and consideration and respect for occasions has been thrown back at us in spite. It just keeps going on... You demand respect but give none... disgusting club and supporters.

We've been shafted for years in the CL, its happened again... we're not surprised.

On Sat the referee had an opportunity to extend the PL/SKY money making for a few weeks and did his job... we should have taken it out of the officials hands in the first half but in the end we were stitched up again.

The old cartel just keeps working for the likes of Liverpool, Utd etc...

Last edited:
We can blame the officials for their comical antics only for so much. Much of it boils down to our ineptitude in front of goal and awful defending.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damage done 1st game , but it does half sickens you with the bad calls , all I heard is how we got outplayed etc

How about salah 1st goal , then goal disallowed n stone wall pen , even 3 1 at there place we still in it

Then clear goal tonight , not seen the highlights but some of dippers tackles should have been carded

From 1st leg we needed berando bringing on as sane was awful

Some thoughts.

1) Sane should have been running full pelt at Trent after Trent got the early yellow. Target him to get him sent off.

2) City zipped the ball about beautifully in the first half, Liverpool couldn't get a touch. Unlucky not to go 2-0 up. Bernardo Silva played extremely well.

3) I felt it was only a matter of time before Liverpool got the away goal which killed the tie. Next time, City must make away goals a priority. Roma didn't have to worry about that against Barca, they only needed 3 because they got the away goal at Camp Nou.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.