How do we get better next season?

I think if we could get players outside the first choice 11 to play better and put pressure on those in possession of the shirts it would be a good thing.

Arguably the only player to have done this is Bernardo. Others like Danilo, Gundogan, Zinchenko etc. have done a job when they have come in but have not looked like they can make the position their own.

I think we as fans can improve too by generating a better atmosphere. Not in a dipper like nasty way but getting behind the team from the off.
I think you are correct. I have said before that our squad depth must improve and you have said why here.

Avoid the negativity.

The turning point in our form, for me, was the second half against the Arse when Pep told the players to keep ball with little or no attempt to score more goals. This was in contrast to the way we had played all season. It continued throughout April against Chelsea (after we scored), second half against Stoke and Everton, plus weakened teams against Basel and the rags. In my opinion we lost our momentum and became preoccupied with 'saving players' , and ended up never playing our best team. We lost all positivity and so did Pep, who also appeared to lose the trust in his players, evident in his strange team choices against Liverpool, twice.

We could have easily battered Arsenal, Stoke, Everton , Chelsea and the rags playing our usual positive game , confidence would have been sky high and the squad no worse off for it. I would also be sat now nursing my winnings after us reaching 100 Prem goals!

I actually think what we did against the rags was try to batter them and it backfired. I have no problem with seeing games out. We should have been able to see that one out no problem

Avoid the negativity.

The turning point in our form, for me, was the second half against the Arse when Pep told the players to keep ball with little or no attempt to score more goals. This was in contrast to the way we had played all season. It continued throughout April against Chelsea (after we scored), second half against Stoke and Everton, plus weakened teams against Basel and the rags. In my opinion we lost our momentum and became preoccupied with 'saving players' , and ended up never playing our best team. We lost all positivity and so did Pep, who also appeared to lose the trust in his players, evident in his strange team choices against Liverpool, twice.

We could have easily battered Arsenal, Stoke, Everton , Chelsea and the rags playing our usual positive game , confidence would have been sky high and the squad no worse off for it. I would also be sat now nursing my winnings after us reaching 100 Prem goals!
I agree with what you're saying here pal, the problem is our positive game is very high energy and tiring. The solution would be to get a deeper squad or be able to switch on and off at will, which I think most of the experienced top teams can do.

The answer is a bigger, better squad with more English players.
Isnt this what our owners are seeking to achieve?

more English players
fultn6.jpg

Are there any strikers out there who could play peps style of football with a real physical presence? When a team packs the box we are a bit fucked barring the odd bit of magic
Athltico have the answer
Sergio might have to spend his last two years there to make the deal happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.