This team won't be considered great until...

You put our best 11 out on their best day and I agree we give anyone a game, the discussion is about what will make us be considered great And mythical matchups won’t do it

The treble United side had to beat a very good Arsenal to the title and in FA cup semi final and a Juventus team that had David’s and Zidane In and I don’t feel we’ve beaten anyone this season who are as good as those 2 sides so I feel your comment about them not having to beat the opposition we have swept aside this season is wrong

Again I’ll say it’s just basing it on what we would need to do to be considered great
Chelsea have been poor this year. Arsenal are well Arsenal. United have good players but are not one of their better sides.
Liverpool the team we have struggled with are a good side as are Spurs

I think our greatness this season has been to be so far ahead of all these sides.

The History one is a joke, the modern fan does see it as PL era and it’s so arrogant it winds me up
I’m only 39 but would never dream of telling an Everton Forest Villa Newcastle Preston fan they had no history, in fact I wouldn’t say it to the supporter of any club
History is history not trophies won, I just tell United Fans it’s like Madrid fans saying United has no history if you base it on cups won

They never used to mention history or empty seats when we were shit, funny how they’ve found something else now isn’t it :)

Completely agree the no 'istory' garbage is their way of saying 'we're a special club and your not'. Their means of justification comes in trophys won and tragedies such as Munich and hillsborough. It's all superficial nonsense to make every other fan feel inferior. I think that's what irritates me more about Utd, Liverpool. One stat I always like is Nottingham Forest being 1 European cup behind Utd.

Nobody ever tells incoming governments they will not be considered great until they have won back to back elections.

Surely 4 title wins in 8 years like next year will be????
Or do we have to ask Gary Neville first
If we won the quad he’d say we need to win back to back quads

Completely agree the no 'istory' garbage is their way of saying 'we're a special club and your not'. Their means of justification comes in trophys won and tragedies such as Munich and hillsborough. It's all superficial nonsense to make every other fan feel inferior. I think that's what irritates me more about Utd, Liverpool. One stat I always like is Nottingham Forest being 1 European cup behind Utd.

I tell them... So Utd are the biggest club in the world are they? Hmm well Real Madrid have won the same amount of European Cups in the last fours years as you have won in your history.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.