City's best-ever penalty taker? (any era)

I reckon Yaya has been as good as anyone (without having stats to hand). Sergio is good but he has missed a fdew in recent times. If we had to score a penalty to save my life I'd pick Yaya.
My favourite penalty-taker was Franny Lee. He gave it a good blast, not like some of these weak sidefooted ones you see now.
When I were nobbut a lad I saw Ken Barnes score a hat trick of pens v Everton at Maine Road. I may be the only one on here to have seen that feat.
I was there too. 6-3 if my memory serves. I may have been stood next to you, were you wearing a blue and white scarf? :-)

1. Yaya

2. Mario

3. Elano

Tueart missed quite a few (if I remember, two in one match at Burnley). Franny also put one or two high , wide and handsome.

Alan Harper took one I think and the less said the better.

Balotelli for me, but does anyone on here remember Alex Harley in the early 1960's ? Stood by the spot with his back to goal, swivelled & blasted the ball into the net.

I hate penalties and alternate wildly between accepting that Sergio hasn't got a clue whether I'm watching or burying my head in my hands and probably doesn't care either or that it will in any way affect the outcome. Mario is probably the stand out one for me, and I go back as far as Franny, he seemed to embrace the responsibility and I've always thought he was the only person in the ground who wished Sergio had gone to ground in the QPR match. That said, it's hard to fault Yaya who, despite me not seeing many of them go in has, I'm told, scored quite a few!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.