Spurs (a) - Post Match Thread

What a fabulous result. After a crap 6 days and the vultures circling we answered in the best possible fashion.

It was refreshing to hear Poncho say that the penalty decsion did not effect the result. That City were the better team and deserved to be winners.
Can't imagine such compliments coming out of the mouths of Maureen, Klippity or Winger.

I had the weirdest dream last night. I dreamed Joe Royle came on as a sub and put a penalty over the bar. It was a realistic dream as he had a massive gut on him, and I woke up half believing it had happened.

On a more serious note, well done City. It took character, guts, mental strength, the lot, to come off the back of three bad results, go away to a decent side like Spurs and win. And with a bit of luck it could have been 5 or 6-1. Taking everything into account, you could call that the best performance of the year.

The important one is goals scored. It's loads.
It’s a moderate to good amount of the chances he’s had. In other teams creating what we do the front three have scored 30-30-50, ours have 15-22-30.

But that sums up the whole team, none of them convert the amount they should. We should be hammering the all-time record top flight goals scored (Villa 128) or even all leagues goals record (Peterborough 134) with the amount of good chances we create.

I think our conversation rate is poor and Sterling is one of the worst for it. Especially good chances.

We have to put last nights case into context. Tottenham are bang in form, done really well at Wembley and not lost in league since we beat them last year. We totally dominated about 90% of the match. Outstanding performance and really good to see the Laporte/Kompany combination work so well.

All this is your opinion. The only places such sentiments have been aired is in the media - or on scum website - both of whom want to undermine us. When you say the above highlighted quote - who the f**** are you talking about??? Certainly with what we’ve achieved & how we’ve achieved it - no City fan would entertain such thoughts. On the contrary, we are more convinced that the 3 results that went against us were mainly down to bad refereeing decisions.

So please, move on.
I'm pretty sure you were pissed up when you replied to that and didn't read or comprehend what I was saying but on the off chance you're saying I'm making it up...

I've literally seen posts just like that on bluemoon forum a mod even alluded to it, so wind your neck in and YOU move on.

That great win could easily have been 6 or 7 if we were ruthless and efficient in front of goal. Spurs hadn’t lost there for 8 months apparently. So glad we put them to bed and destroyed that stat.

I would imagine Pep has said pretty much that to the players, go out and break all the records you possibly can from now til the end of the season, they do deserve that with the football they've played, people will point to one series of games where we weren't at our best (or the officials) and try to define us on that, this way, we will go down as record breakers which will be there for a very long time.

Well done lads.

Ps, was that George Formby doing the match analysis with Graeme Souness ?
No, he was out cleaning windows. Craig Bellamy, wasn't it?

Great performance - worth the hassle of the M1 and M6 closures and getting home at 1.30. Big shout to guy next to me who looked about 15 and spent most of the game sat down with his head between his knees. Amazing what a shandy does to these kids

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.