Vincent Kompany - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem as I see it is this

1 we have defenders who can defend but are left exposed by our system and their ease on the ball like kompany is an issue

2 we have defenders good on the ball like Laporte and stones
But both aRe not proper defenders and can be caught out

We play risk and reward football
Sometimes we’re world beaters but when it goes wrong wow

Pique is not a great defender but he plays similar role to ours but in abetter team

As a captain to watch your team defending like this from the bench in second half must have been hard to accept.:(

He was at fault as anyone in the first leg, he's not absolved of any blame just because of who he is

Can't believe how many people are blaming Kompany for Liverpool. Again he would have saved the first goal if not for Ederson deflecting it at the last second. And he nullified the initial danger at the second goal only to find the rest of man city sleeping at the loose ball. As for his passing skills. I've seen this guy play perfect passes across the entire lenght of the field. Now it's true he ain't the player he once was. He hasn't been since the injury at the end of his anderlecht spell. Before that, this guy had so much speed and finesse. He was dribbling people and passing the ball around like there was no tommorow. It's why they tried to use him as a DM in Hamburg and in Man City initially. Today, he has lost quite a bit of that touch. But he is still miles off of being a bad passer. It's just that he has taking a lot of risk taking out of his game as the years progressed and his body regressed. So nowadays he tends to only play the safe pass. He had a great performance today against the spurs. Anyone claiming otherwise was not watching. He's injury prone. But i would still want him in my squad rotation, and even moreso for the big games.

Watching MOTD and seeing him scream at Davies after that lunge 'don't fucking start with me you ****' top performance last night and great command of the English language

I read somewhere that Kompany would be the third captain in the PL era to lift the PL trophy 3 times, the other two are Terry and Roy Keane. Vinny is a legend, shame the media wouldn't give him or any city player the credit they deserve. The way the media goes on about Keane, you would think he lifted the pl trophy 10 times lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.