EDS future opportunities and progression?

its going to be a struggle for any youth player to make it at city. if everyones fit foden wouldnt be on the bench. hell probably play in cup games next season, but he will get to the point where he needs first team football every week. depends whether or not he will get the chances.

Took lingard to the age of 25 to make it

Took lingard to the age of 25 to make it
I know this is partially a joke but it’s kinda true. Academy players should be a little bit more patient at top clubs and keep grinding away and making the most of their opportunities. Rashford has seen his minutes diminish in favor of more experienced players, Iwobi really isn’t that good currently and Liverpool play their few out of necessity because they don’t have any quality plus injuries. I would love to see Phil Tosin and Brahim play the rest of the season and have great pre seasons but usually rhe ones who play the most academy players don’t win trophies in the top leagues. There was a stat I saw earlier about very few teams win with such a young forward line like we did with Gabe Leroy and Raheem.

tehlsjs71nr01.png

Couldn't see a thread about this, apologies if posted elsewhere.

Just looking for people's thoughts and opinions on this. Personally I expected more but don't follow the academy too closely. Is this Pep or players not not of required quality or coaching not good enough etc?

Yes, it would be great if every starting eleven until the end of the season contained at least one or two youth players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.