Manchester City - Champions 2017/18

Real possibility to make the gap even wider between now and the end of the year. We also have a responsibility to all the teams fighting relegation to try our hardest in each game.
It'll be interesting to see what happens over the next 5 matches. I suspect historically there has been a bit of a drop off in form from teams once the title is confirmed. But I look at the way we play and think there is a possibility that if we are playing without pressure, we might be even better. Obviously some of it will depend on whether Pep starts giving fringe players or the kids more game time.

Poch is on Sky just auditioning to be Pep’s successor.
I think he would be a good replacement....

That wasn’t my question . What I was asking was if Liverpool win it do we still go into pot 1 as well?

Think we would go into pot 2.
Barca were in pot 2 this season's competition.

• Pot 1 contains the title holders and the champions of the top seven associations based on their 2017 UEFA country coefficients. If the title holders are one of the champions of the top seven associations, the champions of the association ranked eighth are also seeded into Pot 1 (regulations Article 13.05).

Just loving this. Will drink myself silly next Sunday but the media whilst some are very complimentary, others are really struggling to come to terms with all this.

Sean Dyche or Woy as Manager of the Season?

It’s Peps and there can be no debate.

I love the spontaneous nature of the celebration, just those that could getting together in a wine bar with a bunch of supporters. Good lads.

Last night on MOTD we had a picture of a smiling Pep pissing about with his son on the golf course, a video montage of Vinny sitting in what looked like a typical working class Manchester living room, celebrating with his extended family that happened to have a rag shirted fella in the corner, he embraces him, pisses off down the pub with Stones, Walker, Delph and Bernardo, makes a "once more unto the breach, dear friends" speech while standing above the celebrating throng and it ends with a tender pic of Silva and his son Mateo, all as genuine as f**k and speaks volumes about our team and club, but I bet there were one or two in our marketing department who saw that and thought "bloody priceless!"

As it stands only Utd will be in pot 2 , possibky Spurs too (just) though Arsenal could get in if they win the Europa League, Chelsea too if they leapfrog Liverpool or Spurs (though that's unlikely).
We could still be in a reasonably tough group though. Real winning it would keep them out if the mix of possible opponents which currently looks like;
Real, Atletico, Napoli, Zenit, Dortmund, Benfica
Pot 3 could be difficult too with Liverpool (and possibly Spurs) restricting the number of possible opponents.

https://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/club/index.html

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.