City cleared of any wrongdoing in Garre case - no transfer ban expected

You can bet your life Gill as got his paws all over this, they won’t stop trying to derail us.

It’s a difficult one to read as on the one hand players aren’t allowed move until they’re 18 but you have an exception under EU rules. Garre has an Italian passport so which takes primacy the EU or FIFA rules?

Not the end of the world if we get a 2 window ban. Appeal and just front load our transfers to the next window.

Alternatively buy Velez and burn it down.

Well, if this does happen, our promising youngsters will get more match time!

Good news is that if we lose the case we get to appeal to an independent committee comprising respected ex manger slur alex ferguson, respected former referree peter walton, respected ex ceo david gill, and respected ex kerb crawler david pleat

It’s a difficult one to read as on the one hand players aren’t allowed move until they’re 18 but you have an exception under EU rules. Garre has an Italian passport so which takes primacy the EU or FIFA rules?
Hmmm, will the biggest trading, political and military bloc in the world have primacy or will it be a few old men in Switzerland who claim to run a world sport, difficult one that. I'll ask my mate Marc-Jean Bosman and get back to you.

If Barca and Madrid can get banned for similar then we most certainly can.

I think a ban is pretty inevitable.

I just hope we get this summers window to buy players.

If Barca and Madrid can get banned for similar then we most certainly can.

I think a ban is pretty inevitable.

I just hope we get this summers window to buy players.
They signed players that didn't have EU passports.

They signed players that didn't have EU passports.
Quite.
We also asked FIFA if we could do it before we did it. They said yes it's OK.
It should also be noted that we ARE NOT the defendants in this case - FIFA are.
As I see it, it is a fundamental principle of any legal system that you can't be found guilty of a charge by an authority (FIFA) if you asked the authority (FIFA) beforehand and the authority (FIFA) said it's OK.
They all try to stitch us up, so, the worst that I think can happen is CAS can ask FIFA to revisit the judgement, we subsequently get found guilty (presumably) and can appeal to FIFA and if that fails then subsequently appeal to CAS which gives us a window (possibly two) before the two window ban kicks in. In which case we would spend really big this summer.
I have absolutely no doubt that FIFA will try and stitch us up. if they can, as Gill is now involved.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.