Leroy Sane - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next time you watch our set up, keep an eye on him. He isn't playing the offside against the full back, he's playing it off the CB's. So if he moves and the ball doesn't come on time, it's not him messing up the move. I'm not saying every time, but it's a part of it.

Even that aside, the best wide men in world football are famous for constantly being offside.

Had he scored that goal or his assist had counted, no one would be mentioning this. He's been our best player this month for me, but some folk are slating him.
Im certainly not slating him, but against the scouse, he was poor at staying onside

Next time you watch our set up, keep an eye on him. He isn't playing the offside against the full back, he's playing it off the CB's. So if he moves and the ball doesn't come on time, it's not him messing up the move. I'm not saying every time, but it's a part of it.

Even that aside, the best wide men in world football are famous for constantly being offside.

Had he scored that goal or his assist had counted, no one would be mentioning this. He's been our best player this month for me, but some folk are slating him.

Im certainly not slating him, but against the scouse, he was poor at staying onside

Against the dippers second half from my seat for some inexplicable reason Silva and DeBruyne delayed the pass to him after he had made his move which hasn’t happened in most games this season

Or maybe they do have a point in this particular game? Sane has been called offside only 6 times in the PL this season. Against Liverpool in the second leg he was called offside 7 times. One was definitely wrong but the point still stands as six times in the same game is awful. The two CL games against Liverpool are the only games this season that he's been called offside more than one time.
Used whoscored.com as source.
Fact no feelings :)

I enjoyed your citations too :)

Love Leroy, but the games against the scousers and yesterday showed he has a lot to learn. He can skin anyone on the outside and get a cross in, but when he has to hold up or come back he struggles and is a little predictable at the moment. I think this is why we were after Sanchez and mahrez, both can come inside and are less predictable at the moment. Leroy is and will be world class but had areas to improve if he is willing to listen, like Raz has

Long term, sitting on the bench during the WC will do him a world of good.

He will be even better next season.

Needs competition so he gets his finger out. His lazy attitude at times should soon dissapear if theres someone threatening to take his place.

He plays like a player of his age does. Add to that he's played almost every game he's been fit for. There's work to do but he's not going to be a fully refined player for at least two seasons yet so we should be patient.

His physical and technical qualities cannot be doubted. His potential ceiling is as high as any young player on the planet. His only potential flaws are of concentration, and consistency.

Also I cannot see him being at City in 5 years time. However I hope this is offset by a World record fee.

Long term, sitting on the bench during the WC will do him a world of good.

He will be even better next season.
I’d rather him out on the training pitches with Pep. Spending two months with Southgate will set him back 5years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.