Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He really is one of the best young players in the world and has improved considerably. If he continues his rate of development, he will be one of the first names on any world XI.

He's just 13 months older than Sane but where Sterling gets criticised, Sane gets ".. But he's got great potential, he's only young, he's a future Ballon D'Or winner."

The double standard on here is ridiculous in all honesty.
I honestly wonder sometimes whether the extra scrutiny on everything he does has an affect on him at times. I may be wrong but who knows whether he would be calmer at times in front of goal if every miss was greeted with the same reaction that other young attackers receive rather than it being some kind of national pastime to highlight, mock and judge incredibly harshly every single mistake he makes. I think he has done incredibly well to be the player he currently is with that constant shit going on, who knows how much better he might have been by now if there wasn't a huge agenda to drag him down.

By calculation from this old MUEN story https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...hester-city-transfers-raheem-sterling-9658097 the dippers are due £1M add on fees for Raheem for winning the PL but they potentially lost £1.5M for knocking us out the UCL. I reckon his appearances have produced £1.5M add on fees. So the transfer currently stands at £46.5M. At the time of the transfer, we were being ridiculed for paying so much for him. However I wanted the dippers to get the full whack as that would mean that both Raz and the team had done well. A PL & UCL double next year would do the trick!

He's worked with Arteta and Kidd on finishing, and I think at one point there was mention of having a target of X touches inside the box to make sure he was getting in there enough.
Raz trains on a daily basis with our greatest ever goal scorer. Sergio could teach him so much. I wonder if there is any 'formal' coaching or mentoring going on. You never really get any hint of it from what images are released of us training.

By calculation from this old MUEN story https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...hester-city-transfers-raheem-sterling-9658097 the dippers are due £1M add on fees for Raheem for winning the PL but they potentially lost £1.5M for knocking us out the UCL. I reckon his appearances have produced £1.5M add on fees. So the transfer currently stands at £46.5M. At the time of the transfer, we were being ridiculed for paying so much for him. However I wanted the dippers to get the full whack as that would mean that both Raz and the team had done well. A PL & UCL double next year would do the trick!
And when they have finished paying for the damage to the bus and compensation. They will get fuck all.

Raz trains on a daily basis with our greatest ever goal scorer. Sergio could teach him so much. I wonder if there is any 'formal' coaching or mentoring going on. You never really get any hint of it from what images are released of us training.

Don't make the mistake of assuming someone who's good at something is also good at teaching it.

He's just 13 months older than Sane but where Sterling gets criticised, Sane gets ".. But he's got great potential, he's only young, he's a future Ballon D'Or winner."

The double standard on here is ridiculous in all honesty.

Though I agree with you in principle, I don't think their career paths or experience are anywhere near the same. Sane is only in his third full proper season, and he's 13 months younger, which is a lot. He's also a young lad who wasn't raised on English football. Sterling is in his 6th full season, which is vastly more. And he's 13 months older, and he's spent all his career in England. I agree Sterling should be shown patience, but they're undoubtedly at different levels of development and shouldn't be treated identically.

Though I agree with you in principle, I don't think their career paths or experience are anywhere near the same. Sane is only in his third full proper season, and he's 13 months younger, which is a lot. He's also a young lad who wasn't raised on English football. Sterling is in his 6th full season, which is vastly more. And he's 13 months older, and he's spent all his career in England. I agree Sterling should be shown patience, but they're undoubtedly at different levels of development and shouldn't be treated identically.

I agree, if only because i dont want to see any of our players treated the way Sterling is, by some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.